Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria large ski area with apres ski

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a Austrian resort with large ski area with a bit of apres ski maybe some Euro trash ??? but at least some where to watch the football
We are all in our mid to late 40's so don't need clubs open until 4am ,11-12pm is our limit ish

We've been to Solden,St Anton ,ischgl ,Mayrhofen so looking for somewhere different ,kitzbuhel was an idea

Only resorts in Austria please

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saalbach
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zell of course. Hands down, even in off season.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ischgl.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, +1
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Saalbach
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
Zell of course
Am Ziller? Am See? Or AN.Other? wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kitzbuhel
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would also go for Saalbach. Loads of varied skiing and loads of varied après!. Kitzbuhel would be a decent back up but après not as good and less kms of linked runs. Soll could also work as a 3rd choice. Zell am See is lovely but has far less skiing (until the link to Saalbach is completed) and après is also a little tamer (but probably sufficient for you having re-read your requirements).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
How about somewhere in Skiwelt? Soll is "famous" for its apres. Ellmau was OK for apres, with some great Eurocheese ("Let it be" Europop version, anyone?)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saalbach is a super spot
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
When Now or next season?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stanton, hope he's talking about next season....already no snow in Skiwelt and lifts only open until Sunday (I think)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saalbach or Hinterglemm
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
st anton
ski holidays
Saalbach Hinterglemm stop messing about and get it booked
snow conditions
Saalbach.
snow report
It's a common theme but, yep, Saalbach.

I stayed in Hinterglemm before which was nice, and the Goatstall is great fun. But we had a couple of nights out in Saalbach and I preferred it there. They had the football on in a big bar when we were there too, so you should have no bother with that.
snow conditions
@dobby, Plenty of snow around this week and few people skiing. Bliss.
ski holidays
Niederau Very Happy
snow report
Saalbach.
snow conditions
@wasley, Send me your email address in a PM if you would like a copy of my comprehensive, 20 page guide to Saalbach and a couple of recommended itineraries. As others have said, Saalbach is the obvious resort to choose, given the ones you've already visited. It trumps (if I may use that word) Kitzbuehel on ski area, apres-ski and altitude. Bobby's Pub is the place to watch football.
snow report
Thanks for the suggestions mainly Saalbach and Zell Am See

It would be beginning of March next year

My only concern that both resorts are low and highest peak only 2000m .Solden ,st Anton,ischgl etc were around 1500m at resort level and it was like skiing in sugar at the bottom .Can you ski back to resort in March

thanks

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 30-03-17 0:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Skiing will be fine early March.
snow report
Saalbach, hands down.
snow conditions
@wasley,
Quote:

Can you see back to resort in March

In my experience over the last 10 years, you can ski (as well as see wink ) back to the village on all major runs until early April.
Unless you want a very limited area, as well as a limited choice of runs, or the skiing is low down on your order of priorities, don't choose Zell am See. I know a group of 12 intermediate skiers, who stayed there in January, and they ended up taking taxis to Saalbach on 3 or 4 days of their week - not because of poor conditions but they found the skiing so limited compared with what they had become used to in larger resorts. Zell has other compensations, notably the beautiful scenery and its lakeside location - particularly in summer. Once it becomes properly linked to Saalbach - probably next season or the one after - it will be a different kettle of fish (although still not the strategically best location for accessing all the skiing that the Ski Circus has to offer).
ski holidays
Hmmn, I enjoyed Zell last month and didn't find it quite so limited as has been discussed but I guess it's down to personal expectations. Absolutely sensational scenery especially after a snowfall. The glacier is excellent if you can handle a 35 min bus ride, with some nice iteneries if you have the avi gear. As for apres, it's no St Anton but certainly livelier than I had feared. Live bands , couple of places to watch the footy and at least one delightful titty bar. What more could a bunch of forty somethings need ?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy