Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Bargain thread!

Poster: A snowHead
@3valleysofpow, - great initiative!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@3valleysofpow, cheers and good luck with the business.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@3valleysofpow, Any idea of postage costs to UK?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
extremerob wrote:
@3valleysofpow, - great initiative!

Thanks. Discovering just how much unworn gear is out there was a bit of an eyeopener but it's been great to work out a bit of solution. It's all evolving and we're hoping to have more gear to sell in the future
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zermattandchips wrote:
@3valleysofpow, Any idea of postage costs to UK?

It's a flat rate of €15 to anywhere in UK/EU. All garments are sent in RePack packaging which is reusable. You just stick it back in the post once the package arrives and it goes back in to circulation for reuse.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, sorry just saw that (clearly) on website, d'oh! Thanks.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zermattandchips wrote:
Yep, sorry just saw that (clearly) on website, d'oh! Thanks.

No worries!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@3valleysofpow, good idea.

Maybe (if allowed) you should set up a new thread with a better title then you could keep an eye on it and do a relevant Q&A/ interaction there rather than on this rather general thread?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ster wrote:
@3valleysofpow, good idea.

Maybe (if allowed) you should set up a new thread with a better title then you could keep an eye on it and do a relevant Q&A/ interaction there rather than on this rather general thread?

Not a bad idea. Will get on it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
extremerob wrote:
Thermic-IC boot warmers £12.50

https://www.theskierslounge.co.uk/accessories/warmers-and-dryers/thermic-electric-boot-warmers-shoe-dryers-and-boot-heaters-uk-plug__2661?mc_cid=dccf0eaba5&mc_eid=9a2a10cd1f

Thanks, I got two pairs of these as well!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Save £27 (!) on a SWISS booking
OFFER
Save £27 on your next SWISS booking with promo code ‘GBCyberSpecial2020‘

This voucher also applies to Lufthansa, Austrian and Brussels Airlines flights if booked via swiss.com

TRAVEL BY
You must travel before 31st October 2021.

BOOK BY
You must book by 30th November.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
extremerob wrote:
Thermic-IC boot warmers £12.50

https://www.theskierslounge.co.uk/accessories/warmers-and-dryers/thermic-electric-boot-warmers-shoe-dryers-and-boot-heaters-uk-plug__2661?mc_cid=dccf0eaba5&mc_eid=9a2a10cd1f

Excellent! Just ordered two pairs of these Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any black friday bargains out there ? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice Oakley sale at PSS, Flight Decks for less than 90 euros:
https://www.privatesportshop.com/en/1141637-oakley-goggles/
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kjus have got some good deals on, especially for younger kids https://www.kjus.com/gb/en/black-friday/?p=1
snow conditions
this looks like a good deal:

https://www.snowandrock.com/p/black-diamond-set-recon-bt-avalanche-transceiver-I5114060.html?colour=108
latest report
Swarovski studded 'Women's Sleek Waterproof Luxe Ski Pants', for just £23.95 Shocked Laughing

Quote:
The Swarovski Crystal Collection - highly waterproof/breathable iLUS D-Lab Softshell pants. Made to protect against wind, rain and snow. For winter wonderland hikes, back-country exploring and mountain top lunches.
Tapered leg with pintuck pleats for a flattering fit. Soft-touch and brushed on the inside for fuzzy warmth. Super stretchy and form-fitting. Embellished with Swarovski Crystals.

https://www.regatta.com/dare-2b-women-s-sleek-waterproof-luxe-ski-pants-dark-denim/ (also available in white)

(I actually can't work out if I think they are brilliant or awful?! Toofy Grin )

Can also be paired with the shiny 'platinum' ski jacket from a collaboration with Julien Macdonald, for £104.95 - https://www.regatta.com/dare-2b-x-julien-macdonald-women-s-magisterial-insulated-ski-jacket-platinum/

Edit: on a more serious note, there's lots of Dare 2b ski stuff reduced on the regatta website at the minute, with free delivery, and currently an extra 15% off with code RCED15
snow conditions
Norrona merino 220gsm base layers on norrona outlet. £31 for long bottoms and £41 for top and 3/4 bottoms. Unfortunately you have to set a up a online account to access outlet for prices and availability.
latest report
I was researching something and noticed snowleader have a 20% discount (on what are usually pretty good prices anyway) if you're quick.

https://www.snowleader.co.uk/en/pack-brahma-88-2021-BUND05621.html
snow conditions
Watch out for customs duty on goods bought from eu countries now. The limits are £390 and above £630 a higher rate.
ski holidays
@BoardieK, is the deal not zero tariff (i.e. customs duty) ? VAT may be due though.

EDIT : Looks like you're correct, unless it's a 0% duty rate. This is why no one likes politicians.
ski holidays
Could be even a bit of bonus. If buying direct from a EU website then they should be able to export without charging their equivalent of VAT as it will be leaving the EU so a €500 set of skis should sold at about €420 from Germany (19% VAT) which at an exchange rate of 1.1 comes under the £390 limit.
snow conditions
Also worth noting at the moment due to border disruption/travel restrictions with the EU, a number of European retail sites have stopped shipping items to the UK, including Glisshop, FreshFarm and I think Ekosport (though looking at their website right now, the banner stating they aren't shipping has disappeared). This is obviously likely to simply be transient and will change once the Covid related disruption (due to new variant) improves, but may have an implication on people wanting to buy stuff because of sales.
ski holidays
Timc wrote:
Could be even a bit of bonus. If buying direct from a EU website then they should be able to export without charging their equivalent of VAT as it will be leaving the EU so a €500 set of skis should sold at about €420 from Germany (19% VAT) which at an exchange rate of 1.1 comes under the £390 limit.

But you then have to pay VAT at this end.
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
Timc wrote:

And the processing/handling fee to the courier/delivery company (currently £8 with the Royal Mail) and there’s the inconvenience if you ever need to send the item(s) back for whatever reason.
latest report
Spoon wrote:

spyderjohn wrote:

Timc wrote:

And the processing/handling fee to the courier/delivery company (currently £8 with the Royal Mail) and there’s the inconvenience if you ever need to send the item(s) back for whatever reason.

Ah well nice thought while it lasted
ski holidays
I've checked HMRC's duty rate thingy and skis from the EU/Swiss are 0% as far as I can tell.
snow report
HutToHut wrote:
I've checked HMRC's duty rate thingy and skis from the EU/Swiss are 0% as far as I can tell.

Not much of a domestic industry to protect I suppose.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HutToHut wrote:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/bringing-goods-into-great-britain-from-outside-the-uk-from-1-january-2021

Is your info up to date? This, whilst initially published on the 17th is confirmed up to date. Doesn’t seem to suggest the rate is variable for the lower bracket though says that goods over £690 subject to charge depending on the kind of items. Not sure what that means for snow stuff
snow report
Smith i/o on amazon at £64 at time of posting this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R3GY1P3/ref=twister_B08BHDWJ5V?_encoding=UTF8&coliid=I2ZGIY90DBDOV&colid=UGMTQWC370OM&th=1&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21

but if you use the top link rather than direct and then search using " SMITH I/O Snow Goggle "I think snowheads gets a kickback?
ski holidays
@Zorrac, thanks!

Apologies to anyone else...I think I just snapped up the last pair at that price Embarassed
snow report
This may be agood buy for some:

Snocks Car Tyre Snow Socks 13-19" - £14.99 @ Partsdepot / ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNOCKS-WINTER-SNOW-TRACTION-AID-SOCKS-SOCK-SET-38M-13-19-TYRE-SIZES-/193815757917
snow report
Plenty of DPS, Dynastar, Elan and other skis available on Private sports Shop....https://www.privatesportshop.co.uk/1165445-ski-snowboard-special

Also, ABS airbags...

..Nick
snow conditions
Careful on ordering skis from privatesportshop, if you ask them to mount bindings even if its just them placing the bindings on a rail so totally adjustable, they consider that to be customizing and you cannot return them. (Obviously completely fair if drilled for your boot size). So if you’re buying on spec and may want to return, don’t ask them to mount
latest report
And dont forget to check on UK VAT and duties if applicable as they ship from Europe and that returns are more difficult.
snow report
If highly technical, environmentally friendly, slightly normcore Scandi kit is your thing, Klattermusen are doing an archive sale:

https://www.klattermusen.com/en/men/sale/

(link is to men's section but there are deals on women's kit and luggage)

up to 60% off means it costs about the same as normal kit Laughing
latest report
No use to me but the last tk maxx ski stock seems to have female North Face goretex ski trousers at about £54 in M and L sizes
ski holidays
Essentially a T shirt , albeit it with some Merino
90 Euro full price Puzzled
https://www.klattermusen.com/en/men/shirts-tees/20635m01-fafne-ss-tee-ms-sulphur/
ski holidays
...a t-shirt for people that tuck their t-shirts into their shorts?
ski holidays
if you wear socks with sandals I guess tucking a t-shirt into shorts just completes the look Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy