Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decisions decisions , Lech or Madonna di Campiglio?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Already thinking about next season and have started to investigate options in both these resorts.
Ive done a lot of online investigation, I've done a search on here and found 2 trip reports, one for each resort, reading these I'm even more inclined to go with my choice, which is Madonna. However my husband really likes Austria, has been to St Anton twice and would like us to go to Lech.
We are both good intermediate skiers, my husband is better than me and on his 'boys' trips will ski most things on piste but on our holidays we like skiing well groomed pistes, (not after steep, moguls, or off piste), with a good lift system, lovely mountain restaurants and hopefully, uncrowded slopes. Whilst we both like some level of après i don't think either resort is particularly lively and both would probably suit.
Would really appreciate any advice/opinions.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

Heading out to Madonna Di Campiglio for a week this coming weekend. Can provide you with some thoughts on our return.

Griggs Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Madonna is gorgeous. Would suit you well. I've skied Lech as well but wasn't as impressed. To get a similar amount of variety I think you'd have to venture over to St Anton, which I find a bit busy with too many out of control people.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Griggs, your thoughts would be much appreciated, thank you. Hope you have a lovely holiday.

@sugarmoma666, thank you. I had read your TR and pretty much made up my mind that Madonna would be more my cup of tea.

I should have added that were looking at w/c 27th January, so not a peak week.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been a few years since I went to either, but what stands out for me is how well integrated the lift system at Madonna is. You can start from any of the five big lifts and work your way round to anywhere, so you are not stuck with having to make a decision at the start of the day about where you ski. Food on the slopes is good too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skimum, Never been to Madonna but have skied in Lech many times, lovely place you'd not be disappointed. Lift system fantastic, pistes very well prepared, hotels ker-ching! Never stayed there, cant afford to. Look at Hotel Cresta in Oberlech, we lunch there and admire longingly the wellness and wine cellar!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy