Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott UK Contact

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have contact details for Scott UK? I bought some Cosmos II boots online in France and they broke (stuck in walk mode) after 9 days skiing, not happy.

Tried going through a local dealer but they don't want to help as I didn't buy them from them.

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Spikyhedgehog, you are now suffering the consequences of buying online abroad........been there, done that.

Anyway, try the following:

http://www.facebook.com/scottsportsuk

info@scott-sports.uk.com
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can still contact the company you bought them from in Europe. If there is a fault with the boots they should be able to look into it for you
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Spikyhedgehog, oh dear ... Scott UK ... Scott skis - excellent. Scott service in UK. Questionable. I had some Scott goggles on which the photo chromatic coating went exceptionally weird - separated from the lens 6 months in, and nothing that I did since it was on the inside of the lens, between the two. Retailer in UK had closed - phoned Scott, send them back to them, nothing, phoned 'yes we've got them...the guy who deals with these is away', phoned again 'he's back ... what googles?' 'The ones I sent'. 'Don't have them, it's the retailer's problem'. Rubbish service. Hope you fare better.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Spikyhedgehog, afraid to say it is a case, in the first place of contacting the retailer you bought them from, (being french they will resist) you will need your proof of purchase whoever you are getting in touch with... if you bought them on line and with a credit card, then if the retailer won't play ball get your card company to fight it

the walk mode is a replaceable part so i wouldn't be holding out for a new pair of boots just yet
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah I've troubleshooted it down to a small component that's just sheared off and disappeared so shouldn't be the biggest issue to just get them to send me a replacement...

If anyone is interested.

Broken Boot

Good Boot

Bent Screw

Will try facebook and the French retailer, just thought it would be easier dealing direct with someone in the UK.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can you not improvise with a better nut/bolt arrangement? That bolt presumably isn't that great.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
First thoughts are that that screw was over tightened at some time - but I don't really know what loads it is taking. I'd be interested in CEM's opinion.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Will PM you . Similar with Scott Superguide of 15/16. Fully sorted.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles wrote:
First thoughts are that that screw was over tightened at some time - but I don't really know what loads it is taking. I'd be interested in CEM's opinion.

looks to me as though the packer piece (the missing bit) has gone, then the screw bending is as a result of it being loaded in a larger void space where there should be the packer
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Spikyhedgehog, its a long as political road warranties and who deals with them..... the UK has taken a bit of a stand recently purely due to foreign retailers not supporting the sales they have made or supporting the brand in the way they should.... normally resulting in leaving people in resort without the means to have something simple fixed... the resort shop stating take it back to where you got it, yet expecting anything they sold to be fixed back in the uk if that is where the customer happens to be

years ago when you stocked a ski / boot brand you had a dealer contract (supposedly now illegal) which said that you would help out if someone came through the door with a product even though you didn't sell it, normally all it required was a phone call to the service center which got a spare part sent out , only if the product needed replacement was there a need to get the original retailer involved..... then came the internet and people wanted cheap prices without service from large warehouses but expected the bricks and mortar retailer to pick up the pieces when it all went wrong oh i remember the good old days well Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy