Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Very BIG thank you

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Just wanted to say a very big thank you to everyone who gave me advice on where to go, who to learn with and where to rent from.

My wife and I just got back from Courchevel and we had the best time, despite the lack of fresh powder.

I am now completely hooked and am looking forward to my next trip.

Once again, thanks for all the tips.

Oh and hello to Richard, another snowhead we met out there and won the pub quiz with!

Cheers

Simon and Jo

p.s. - anyone know how you go about buying and running a ski chalet? wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Apparently the answer to the last question is don't do it.

Glad that you're now hooked.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kosciosco, glad you were able to filter out the useful stuff and still feel safe coming here to the asylum wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer, second that completely. Been there, done it, got the t-shirt and the debt. You can't run a business where your motivation and the business aren't aligned.

If you want to get to ski all day, become and instructor, guide, etc.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There was a program about a couple taking over a chalet over for a week, I decided I could do the meet and greet stuff, and the organising stuff, Mrs H seemed happy with feeding 20 people out of a tiny kitchen but neither of us liked the idea of cleaning 9 bathrooms a day.

kosciosco, watch out! snowHeads is the crack-cocaine of snow, without snowHeads you might come to believe that one ski-ing holiday a year is sufficient...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Joined Snowheads 2004 - 1 ski holiday
2005 - 2 ski hols
2006 - 3 ski hols

How many weeks in 2017?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having just got back from Italy, I can tell you I would actually be depressed if I didn't know I'll get another fix in 5 weeks
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thats precisely what I'm worried about. When I left yesterday morning I couldn't beleive that it will be at least a year until I get to ski!

The more I think about that the more depressed I get!

My wife wants kids and all I can think about is how I can persuade her to go skiing again sooner!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Joined Snowheads 2004 - 1 ski holiday
2005 - 2 ski hols
2006 - 3 ski hols

How many weeks in 2017?

Before snowheads 1 ski holiday per year

Joined snowheads bought appartment

6 ski hols per year plus summer hols moutain biking snowHead

ps. Expunge all ideas of buying / running chalet business, it's bl**dy hard work Very Happy

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 5-02-06 10:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kosciosco, book up a weekend (or even a day-trip). It gives you something to look forward to. snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, ditto. Just concerned we won;t have enough holidays to enjoy it as much as we'd like. Hubby is busy saving up his lieu time he gets for working Saturday mornings.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kosciosco wrote:
My wife wants kids and all I can think about is how I can persuade her to go skiing again sooner!!

Quote:
book up a weekend (or even a day-trip). It gives you something to look forward to.
Nudge, nudge...

In a few years I can just see you aout there with all the little koscioscos - named (in accord with current fashion) (zer)Matt, Engelberg(t) and the twins...Les Deux Alpes Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mrs JB wants kids too, but I have her well hooked on skiing now. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, Very Happy I know that feeling Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SKI = Spending the Kids Inheritance.

no kids = no guilt.

Alternatively, point out to your wife that your kids are bound to want to ski before long, that skiing with your children, watching them get the hang of it, is a wonderful experience in itself and that since kids pick these kind of things up so fast, it's only sensible to get a head start on them by cramming in as much skiing as possible over the next 2? 3? 4? years before they come along.
At the very least, if she want kids now, get in a few more trips this year before it's too late: after all, the season's only just getting going wink
snow report
kosciosco, I'm really glad you had such a good time. If you want to ski though - don't become an instructor - we're always working and hardly ever skiing! (Not the same thing)

Put the end of October 2006 in your diary for the PSB II for a quick fix before next season. You and your wife will need AT LEAST 6 weeks under your belts BC (before kids) .... How about the EOSB at the end of April??? Cheap extra week there .... wink wink wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy