Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crans Montana/Aminona/St Luc/Grimentz...12 Days on Boiler Plate

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from Switzerland. Spent the 1st week in CMA. Most runs open. The pistes were holding up well despite warm temps with thin cover. The pistes were hammered flat, which of course meant that folks who can't quite ski, can still go fast, and after last winters nightmare I feel especially sensitive about hearing the sound of scraping close behind me!.
The last day was quite cold with a still air temp of -17c, and a posted air temp of -30c (inc. wind chill) on the Plein Morte Glacier. Wore a balaclava for the 1st time ever. Still, the cold kept the crowds in their nice warm hotels Toofy Grin
Crossed the valley to St Luc on Saturday last week. It was very windy, really reminded me of skiing at Nevis Range, being on a drag lift whilst watching the snow blow past my boots and off the hill, leaving us with the ice underneath! Lots of rocks to negotiate on the piste. Decided against crossing to Chandolin in case the chairlift back got closed in the wind.
Then on up to Grimentz for 6 nights. The resort was very busy with many busloads of skiers being delivered each morning, meaning queueing for the main lift each day. The slopes were in better condition than everywhere else we had skied this trip, still rock hard, but the lift co. had done a great job of packing it down, to keep it. Most runs were open. Off piste was showing lots of exposed rock. The best skiing was definitely morning stuff straight after grooming. Very warm temps. took to skiing back for lunch, then skiing the afternoon with a fleece only, no jacket. The black run down to the resort was being well maintained with artificial snow and was quite um.... fast Shocked At the end of each day it was in shade and had refrozen, and definitely raised the heart rate!

I have found out where all the day-glo suits and vintage rear entry boots gravitate to...it's Crans Montana, it provided us with very cheap entertainment Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowbunny, nice to have you back, DC not the same without you and the other one wink. RZ's been doing his best, bless him, but he couldn't match the pair of you's ramblin...I mean acute and witty observations.

Sorry to hear it was hard conditions. Not surprised though - lots of places in need of freshening up which I'm sure (hope) will be along soon. In time for me anyway Toofy Grin.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
slikedges,
Quote:

snowbunny, nice to have you back

You missed me...I'm touched Twisted Evil Laughing
Definitely more snow needed in Valais, falling over was no fun at all, did a few planned bunny hops and the landing was as hard as tarmac Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like you had a good time then sb. We did miss you, it is nice to see you back again. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowbunny,

Sorry the conditions did match up... still, you can now class that as a non holiday and justify another trip or 3.....!!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JT,
Quote:

snowbunny,
Sorry the conditions did match up... still, you can now class that as a non holiday and justify another trip or 3.....!!!

Well, I do have 2 trips lined up, now you mention it Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alan Craggs,
Quote:

snowbunny, I think we're going to be forced to dock your tail if you insist on publicising places that some of us want to keep to ourselves

When you say "us", please understand that I'm on 1st name terms with the President of the Development Committee of Grimentz Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny,

Same place or somwhere else in switzerland..?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Amazing. In Zurich we have not seen it above 0 for a month. My snowman from December is still in the garden. Every lake except the Zurisee has frozen over to the point that people are skating on them.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JT wrote:
snowbunny,

Same place or somwhere else in switzerland..?

Nendaz in March, then the BLAM in April Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
neilswingler, We saw +10c on the lift map board in Grimentz for a couple of days. I have never skied without a jacket in early Feb before.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy