Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Super Fast ski turns?

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/YGVQDlG4Afw

can't decide whether I love or hate this mad wobbler . What do you think? NehNeh
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Each to their own, my politically correct answer is if that's the way he likes to ski then fair enough, if that's not the way he prefers to ski then I don't get the point (and that's being very kind).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JUST NO! Happy

Its possible to turn quickly with technique, thats ermmmm, well could do with practicing technique with slower turns first.

He just looks like hes having a fit after somone attached an electrode to his man bits
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why? Just why? Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
Why? Just why? Puzzled

If it's done purely as an exercise, I guess it makes sense, rather like carving on one ski helps to improve balance and edge control but you wouldn't do it all the time (unless you only have one leg of course Very Happy )
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wonder if he can accurately roll both skis from edge to edge at the same time? Pointless if he can't. Like swinging a golf club at very high speeds so the ball travels a great distance, but never down the middle of the fairway.

Welcome to snowHeads powderpuffgirl. Do you know the skier in the video?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
"After countless hours of training on the pro-ski simulator" - says it all

"the time has come to test my wings in the alps" - yeah, we noticed your , err, experience (or lack thereof)

"use over-critical turns superceding the resonant frequency to make my way down the slope" you what?

Idiot.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
He did look rather demented. "Resonant frequency" of what?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ha! "Mad wobbler". The perfect description. Good work.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is it just me or is he simply rolling from one edge to the other on skis that stay more or less pointing down the hill the whole time, meaning no real control over his speed so needing a 'normal' turn at 25s to get back under control?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
He should stick to skating.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
only time to plant the left pole as well.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I dont know. I keep watchin it to critique in a positive way, and it just leave me speechless.

Frustratingly the guy clearly has confidence, understands some fundementals of edge change.

If he just slowed things down a bit (a lot!) and put some hard work into it then he would probably be a good skier.

As it is, all i can think is this
http://youtube.com/v/aWjeITmDmmo
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

then he would probably be a good skier

Nope.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name wrote:
Quote:

then he would probably be a good skier

Nope.

Ok I was trying to be nice and positive to balance the thread out a bit.

Every skier starts at nothing and has the chance to be good with hard work.

His problem is that there is a while loads of poo-poo going on there that needs to be unlearnt.

He reminds me of a 7yo race training on plastic. They all seem to start with the whole wobbly knee, windmill action Toofy Grin
ski holidays
He wants to try a suicide corridor run on a dryslope turning like that, would be interesting to watch. 😂
latest report
as a snowboarder this is what I see when I look at every skier on the hill.
ski holidays
Quote:

as a snowboarder this is what I see when I look at every skier on the hill.

then you know as little as him!
snow report
Quote:

Is it just me or is he simply rolling from one edge to the other on skis that stay more or less pointing down the hill the whole time

yes - he is changing edges but not really turning. It's kind of an edged version of wedelling isn't it?
snow conditions
@jedster, not even as skilled as that!
snow conditions
I thought it was fun to watch despite the non-conventional style Laughing

Outside ski is definitely turning, look at the tracks he's laying at around 0:42, while yes inside ski and body mass are running pretty straight. I do prefer the aesthetic of turns where the body is carried at least a short distance across the slope each turn. If this lad learned to stand against his outside ski a little longer he could be a strong skier, in the more conventional sense, as he has plenty of other skills in there. That doesn't appear to be what he's about right now though!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 8-12-16 12:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I think he's trying to invent skiing from first principles...
ski holidays
Awful. A few years ago in Solden I watched a Russian skier turning almost as quickly with a mesmerisingly fluid "rubber-man" style, skis absolutely together, head didn't move. The difference between the two is like comparing a scratchy zigzag to a perfect sinewave.

As a surfer who likes to carve a board I think that once proficient everyone should focus on style, someone tell him.
ski holidays
he is taking a mickey
snow report
kedsky wrote:
he is taking a mickey

I was wondering that too...
the training
ski holidays
blimey

we better not get that as a drill next week!
latest report
PaulC1984 wrote:
He just looks like hes having a fit after somone attached an electrode to his man bits

AC voltage? Laughing
snow report
Would like to see if the same 'quick turns' work on something that is isn't a forgiving looking empty blue(?) run in great conditions. Do it on moguls and I'm converted.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone can do "arsing around" turns like that. To my mind it showed a reasonably decent skill base - he was staying well forward and getting in pole plants which was no mean feat. Like to see him in a bump rutline to see if it all fell apart - cos if he could keep it up he'd be a better skier than most of us.
snow report
Bummocks

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 8-12-16 19:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
A......

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 8-12-16 19:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Looking at the rest of the videos I think he's having a laugh.

Out of interest, how old are those boots? How do they compare with modern 4 buckles?
snow conditions
This makes more sense..............

http://youtube.com/v/7pIZn9rUsRY
latest report
Quote:

Looking at the rest of the videos I think he's having a laugh.

Out of interest, how old are those boots? How do they compare with modern 4 buckles?

Yes - think I agree
Rear entries - 80s vintage. Some people thought they were good but in my experience they only gave me a very approximate connection to the skis (I have average width feet, chunky calves but narrow heel/ankle so getting my heel locked down without cutting off the blood supply is the main fitting challenge).
snow report
I think he knows exactly what hes doing..... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin and some may well have fallen for it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
@jedster, thanks, these (or similar style ) come up on ebay and look so outdated. They obviously work for the chap in the video - another part of the joke. I wonder who he really is.

With you on the heel problem albeit a lesser degree.
snow report
The summer training video is brilliant and I laughed at that.. good to see Smile

Think @iskar is right, probably quite a decent skier and clearly just taking the p*ss..

That training machine is like one graham bell promotes at events, 'skiers edge' I think it's called!?!

It has people talking was obviously the intention.. fair play.
ski holidays
Elegance. That's what is lacking.
latest report
@balernoStu, He's obviously demonstrating his highly enhanced level of proprioception. (See Pro Ski-Simulator benefits)
snow report
Watch the first clip and thought "Nobber", but on seeing the summer training, then it's clearly an amusing pisstake so applaud him for that.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy