Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Mariandre - Alpe D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've had a search on the site and have read a few old reports of the Espirit Chalet Hotel Mariandre.

We are heading out on Sunday and would love to hear your thoughts on the accommodation and the resort in general.

Thanks in advance.
Brendan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cant comment on the hotel but love Alpe Dhuez, lovely town with great skiing, loads of variety and lots of little places you can visit on skis or via the cable car on foot.
Lots of nice places to eat
Lovely outdoor swimming pool
Ice rink etc
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alfabug wrote:
I've had a search on the site and have read a few old reports of the Espirit Chalet Hotel Mariandre.

We are heading out on Sunday and would love to hear your thoughts on the accommodation and the resort in general.

Thanks in advance.
Brendan

Don't know the Hotel but seems to get good reviews on tripadvisor and Esprit are generally very well regarded on here.

I know the resort/ski area. Can you give more details of what info you are after?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for replies.
It would be cool to have some recomendations of the best runs and any areas specifically for snowboarding.
What are the best places to eat on the mountain or to stop for coffee/hot chocolate!?
Any bars or restaurants recommended in town?
Only a couple of days until we fly out and everyones looking forward.
Thanks again.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sarenne's a long flat track at the bottom so probably not great for borders.

Not many drag lifts so that's good.

Signal, Montfrais and Signal De L'Homme all great little areas to ski. The big mountain skiing is off the top of Pic Blanc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Layne wrote:
Sarenne's a long flat track at the bottom so probably not great for borders.

The boarders in our group last year would definitely support that. To be honest, it's pretty rubbish for skiers as well, as I really can't be bothered with a run that's as stupidly busy as Sarenne (as everyone wants to ski it), and that has such a long and tedious flat section at the bottom. There's better skiing to be had in Alpe d'Huez (primarily over towards the Vaujany side).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sugarmoma666 wrote:
The boarders in our group last year would definitely support that. To be honest, it's pretty rubbish for skiers as well [snip]

The restaurant at the bottom is quite nice though Very Happy My personal fave run was Couloir from the top of the Tronçon bubble - only a blue but a wide, cruisy and often empty one perfect for getting your carve on. Good side hit opportunities as well, IIRC.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Sarenne is a quality run on a board but you do have to be a confident rider on flats. A group of us on a season used to do it regular without unstrapping and it has some great side hits and short off piste runs (but you'll prob need a local to point them out).

Otherwise the back of the Signal has some great powder runs, if you get a fresh dump, which can be quickly lapped via a chairlift.

Depending where your staying, if you take the piste that goes through the town at the end of the day you have the choice of the Yeti bar and several other bars for après!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy