Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hot chocolate marked jacket - cleaning help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I really love my new Arcteryx jacket. I love Italian hot chocolate too... but I must have leant on some in Sestriere and I just can't remove the horrid marks. The manufacturer said to wash it with tech wash and with a bit of a toothbrush rub beforehand too, but sadly without success. Any drinking chocolate removing tips would be greatly appreciated.
Margaret
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Difficult stain. I would try putting some biological liquid wash directly on stain and leave for 10 minutes before washing again
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you tried Vanish for biological stains? It worked on my 6Y old's jacket - only left it on for 2-3 minutes, then washed it and reproofed it with the ever reliable Nikwax. Having said that his jacket is grey / red - is yours a light colour?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vanish stick, scrubbing, (start by using cold water to see if it works then gradually increase the temperature of the water till the stain begins to loosen, rinse well in the same temperature water that loosened the stain) then Nikwax, I have used this process many times over the years on hot chocolate (skiing hols with 3 messy small boys then careless teenagers lol) and many other food/drink stains. The only problem may be that you have already 'set' the stain by previous attempts to remove it. Good luck
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Suck it and see? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you pour lucozade all over it it will remove most the stain.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Google lucozade stain first just to make sure its fabric safe.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stain Devil? After all I believe in miracles. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bit late, but the best thing for stains is do nothing then take it to the dry cleaners
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all, have tried some of these and to much relief the stain is almost out. I've resisted sucking it and lucozade for now !
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a 38x14 foot carpet with some amazing lucazade patterns. It was cream.

It was a sad day , for the cleaning man who could not remove it, and a bit sad for me, as I have had to ask a 12 year old to leave "her" house and travel the world until she finds the solution or a large off cut of suitable replacement. Lucky I have another child.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
See that thing called a "washing machine".

Put it in there wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy