Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations - Small easy intermediate family resort next year

Poster: A snowHead
calling for people's opinions and recommendations!

Recently returned from weeks diy ski trip to Pila ( we chose this resort on its high recommendations from snow heads on this forum) and we loved it! Looking at next years holiday and wondered if there are other similar resorts.

We will probably go in January.
Family with two children age 11 and 8. Can do easy reds, but we avoid hard reds as too many falls!
Like small resorts, that attract a more gentler skiing holiday avoiding fast maniac skiers!
We like blues and easy gentle reds.
Ski in out self catering
Cheap coffees and pizzas
Max 2 hour drive from airport

Pila ticked lots of boxes but always keen to look into other resorts.

Be very interested to read other recommendations.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Norma is the perfect fit. Small (ish), great value for money, very family orientated and about an hour from Turin. The Frejus tunnel toll is pricey though - about 50-60 Euro if I remember correctly.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Juwel. Around 2 hours from Munich.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seefeld worth is looking at.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mont Margériaz, 45 mins from Chambery airport.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Schladming-Dachstein. One of our best self-catered Christmas family ski holidays. Small town/villages, decent prices, huge ski areas, more so in January, great ski school. Plus a good variety of slopes with nothing anywhere near as hard as it seems on the piste map. TBH there are so many places in Austria that tick that box in January, you can't go wrong. I'll still probably end up in Wengen though snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Valmorel worked for me with young kids.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Deleted double post

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 18-03-17 8:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JoyZipper wrote:
La Norma is the perfect fit. Small (ish), great value for money, very family orientated and about an hour from Turin. The Frejus tunnel toll is pricey though - about 50-60 Euro if I remember correctly.

Turn the other way out of the Frejus tunnel and Val Cenis would be a very good option as well, though only some of the accommodation is ski in ski out.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Saisies
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
endoman wrote:
Valmorel worked for me with young kids.

+1 for Valmorel.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Worth checking out Vemdalen as from a skiing and self catering perspective certainly fits the bill. EasyJet are flying into Ostersund which is aprox 100km from Vemdalen. Not sure how cheap you want the pizzas / coffee to be Sweden not the cheapest but not as expensive as you would think (and certainly not the sort of prices in the top French resorts).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Puy St Vincent
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
St Jean de Alps might be worth a look. We went at half term a few years ago and loved it. All of the reds were easy and it sounds like you'd be fine. You can get to the rest of the PDS by bus but it's a pain, you.could drive to Ardent, Morzine or Les Gets though, will be allot busier there though. If you want ski in and out you will want to stay at the station in Less Grand Terche.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks all, plenty to look at with those suggestions. It seems our half term clashes with ash Wednesday next year so not sure if it's better to go France as opposed to Italy or just risk the LEA fine and go in January. When i look at spreadsheet of school holidays, Italy doesn't seem to have one, do they just take off carnival week (Ash Wednesday) ?
ski holidays
Some of the suggestions above are in neither France nor Italy Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy