Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easy for snowploughing child to ski from Arc 1800 to 1950?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I see there are blue runs from the top of Transarc lift into Arc 1950. Are they easy runs? I have a cautious 7 year old snowplougher (has skied two weeks). I'd appreciate advice/recommendations.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@oldschool72, yes there. Can take Plan Vert which is blue all they way and genuinely blue. To be honest if they can survive the initial part of the red Plagnettes which isn't all that steep and very wide then that eases into a long blue cruise run down to 1950 also.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@oldschool72, Yes the blue routes from Transarc to 1950, indeed to 2000 or all the way to Pre St Esprit - are certainly suitable for a beginner of any age. Les Arcs doesn't label anything as a "green" run, but the 3 blue options (Dentes du Peigne, Plan Vert, Col de la Chal / Vallee de l'Arcs are all equally accessible.

Plan Vert and Dentes are accessed via Grand Reynard which only really becomes a red after the right fork to Dentes - but it might be a bit intimidating for the first 50m, so I would advise entering it by - if facing the Transarc top station - going to the left hand side of the lift, which is considerably less busy.
Vert also give access to the two boardercross routes ( one Blue, one red) which can make a holiday for the younger skiers.

Col de La Chal splits into two blues - the right hand one (v. flat, bit of a pole required) leads to Grand Col, but stays blue past that lift and then joins Vallee de l'Arcs 1 The left hand fork takes you back round to join at the conjunction of the three reds Tuffes, Plagnettes, and Teppes: so if you have more adventurous skiers in the party they can ski any of those but quickly meet up again before carrying on down Vallee 2

When approaching 1950, the blues can be a bit steeper and trickier - there is quite a bit of traffic so get a bit lumpy: best route is to follow Marmottes for that last 400 yards.

HTH
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I recall taking a third day skier down Plan Vert. She started by haing a minor panic attack at the red piste marker but managed fine all the way down to Pre St Espirit. The piste from col de la chal to col du grand reynard should be marked as a blue. If you look at the piste map the you see the really gentle and quite scenic dents du peigne can only be reached on a red piste.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. Will do this after her first day's ski lesson once she's practised a bit.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@oldschool72, It will take a long time for someone who has only been on skis for a couple of hours.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnE wrote:
@oldschool72, It will take a long time for someone who has only been on skis for a couple of hours.

but fine for someone who has already skied 2 weeks as the OP says!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy