Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR A morning in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As we had the Kitzbüheler Alpen AllStarCard, we decided to visit Niederau whilst we were staying in Hopfgarten.

The journey by car took around 20 minutes (maybe less), with the road out of Hopfgarten having some fairly vicious hairpins.

We parked in the free carpark at the bottom of the Lanerköpflbahn 4 man chair. Plenty of space, with toilets in the lift station at the base.

The skiing was great fun. We got the impression that the majority of people were in lessons. The terrain seemed perfect for learning, with nice wide open blue runs, and slightly (but not much) more challenging reds. The only potential issue was that a couple of the key beginner lifts are T-bars, but I guess that's something the instructors will be used to sorting.

To be honest, we'd skied pretty much every run in the resort within 90 minutes. I'd have quite happily repeated some of them, though, as there are some lovely runs down through the trees. Black 15 is a lovely cruisey run - I think I finally understand how people can have skied a "black" run in their 1st week of skiing - I've skied considerably trickier red runs. Black 18 is a fairly flat road for the 1st part, so I'd avoid it another time. As the resort is mostly beginners, the runs from the top of the Lanerköpflbahn had hardly been skied when we arrived.

Overall, it looked like a perfect resort for beginners and families. We would have spent longer there, but wanted to move on and see Auffach/Alpbach in the afternoon.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm staying in Niederau but we were being guided today from Hopfgarten!!! Delightfully sunny day hey, with more to follow? Because of the pm slushy slopes we are starting out early st 07.45 hrs! Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy