Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lastminute short trip near Salzburg?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After looking at all the lovely snow photos of friends skiing on FB, I can't help myself but started looking for flights in 2 weeks' time for a long weekend. Have managed to find some cheap flights to Salzburg (not booked yet). Anyone out there in the region at the moment or experts have any good recommendation of a resort that is close to Salzurg (ideally less than 1.5hrs transfer) where the snow is pretty good at the moment and likely to be good in 2 weeks' time? Thank you!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Snowy123, Just book the flight. All of the Salzburgerland resorts are within 90 mins of Salzburg. Snow is currently very good in Saalbach as it snowed 3 nights last week, but warm weather is forecast for the next week. In the unlikely event that Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang-Fieberbrunn all melts, you could go to Zell am See/Kaprun instead and ski on the Kitzsteinhorn glacier. You can wait until the very last minute to book the accommodation as it is low season in 2 weeks time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, @quinton, I saw my friend's photo of Obertauern today and apparently it snowed 50cm last couple of days. THe photos just look amazing! However noted lots of areas showing 8/9C today and warm forecast next week and am worried that all the snow will be melted in 2 weeks' time!

Checking out Wagrain at the moment. Anyone know the resort well or out there at the moment?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Snowy123, its fantastic at the moment. I am just in from a day in Zauchensee where I had knee deep powder in the trees all to myself.
The snow will still be here in 2 weeks dont panic!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks @Kooky

Have now narrowed down to either Wagain or Flachau. Hubby is worried as he is not keen to ski on slushy snow. Any tips or advise as to which might be better for last weekend of March? Many thanks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Snowy123, the bottom runs may well be slushy towards the end of the day, that's normal anywhere in spring. If that bothers you get the lift down to the bottom rather than ski all the way down. Wagrain and Flachau are basically two small towns either side of a mountain sharing the same ski area.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Snowy123, it will almost certaintly be slushy at some point. The trick is to go up early abd stay highish. You can download to Flachau on the space jet 1, star jet 1 and achterjet. We haf the most fabulous piste conditions on Flachau yesterday but it was slushy on the last few hundred metres at 12.30.

You might get lucky and have a cold snap. It does happen
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@queen bodecia, @holidayloverxx, Thanks. Wish I was out here at the moment! I like Spring skiing but hubby and son don't like slushy snow. So we are still debating to go or not. Keep looking at weather forecast to hope for a cold spell but looks really warm next week.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hiya, I'm in Wagrain at the moment. Ummm, it's spring, it's getting warmer, etc...I was pretty shocked just how early it was getting slushy in Flachau yesterday, 10:00am! But the good news is that over the valley on Grafenberg there was a distinct lack of slush even up to 15:00pm. They're not the longest pistes up there but they are great fun to ski! But looking at current temps, and guestimating what the end of the month will be like I wouldn't be too keen to risk it. Save your money for a time when there are better conditions!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@shiva_71, dont know where you are based or if you have transport, but I have a feeling Zauchensee could be pretty special in a few days time Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@shiva_71, Flachau is an East facing resort with heavy, heavy traffic... get yourself up the road to Flachau Winkl and Zauchensee!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Snowy123, Get out to @flangesax's, place in Radstadt and ski Zauchensee. You won't regret it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Snowy123, I'm out of there in two weeks time, so we might have a Snowheads get together.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@geepee, I am not sure if my liver can cope with another one Skullie
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for all the tips and advice. Most grateful for all the helpful comments. Sadly, I have been outvoted by my very sensible hubby and son (both love skiing more then I do!) who both didn't want to risk skiing in slush given the warm weather forecast. My teenage son actually suggested we should save the money for the long weekend and add it to our December trip budget so that we can go to a fancy resort and stay at a fancy hotel instead! He wants to go to Lech!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy