Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiset Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm finally here, VT is fantastic. I went and got kitted out in Skiset Goitschel Sports. Fischer RC Pro XC90 boots and Fischer Koa 167.....which as a complete novice I think is a woman's ski.... Does that make a difference? I'm a 17st 6ft tall bloke with a 36 inch waist...Massively top heavy Haha. After sliding down a blue run on our Blue Tour, pluviometre. I had to stop for the umpteenth time. I don't snowplough but i really struggled to feel my feet. At all. Now I've posted on here about this problem and received so much help on socks, inserts, getting my own boots etc. But this pain was unbearable. My OH noticed, as we skied off to get back to VT that I was kicking up snow from my right ski, I also noticed this as I couldn't turn or ski in a straight line. My brake was jammed on. Took them back and they gave me some Rossignol Temptation 75's a changed my boots to atomic things..... Again after 10 mins I could of Amputated a toe and not realised it. I was rather...... Ticked.... Off. Went back and got the help of Hugo. This guy needs a pay rise. Sunday.... Rammed and seeing my Sorry ass for the 3rd time in two days. He gave me some Head Vectors. They didn't kill me.... And are actually comfy. Is this the joy everyone else gets when Gliding down the piste. Revelation and ultimately the point of this ramble.... I was given 27....then 27.5... Then wide 27.5. Guess what! 28.5s fit! No wonder my toes are blue haha. Sorry for the post length. Hope someone finds it mildly entertaining and/or informative. snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glad you finally got sorted.

FWIW. Women's skis are usually made from lighter wood, are softer flexing and have the mounting point a little more forward (about 1"), to allow for their different physiology.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I got back from VT yesterday, suffering the blues today.
Also got engaged on Pluviometer some 13 years ago!

Glad you found comfort and enjoyment! Enjoy the pistes and the no doubt beautiful weather. Try to get up Plein Sud lift one evening and see what's going off a Folie Douce, a pretty memorable experience whether you just ride the lift past, or jump on a table in your comfy boots and go for it!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 12-03-17 16:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @Old Fartbag, do you think my "top heavy" frame passes for womanly? Hahaha. To any new skier renting.... Don't be afraid to take them back. Only by being a member on here and the time and patience of its members has given me the confidence to say no..... I don't know what I'm doing but that's not right! Enjoy the white stuff
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @gravity-slave, that's plan after tomorrow's morning run and picnic.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy