Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New message from the Ski Club re the forum.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So how do we nominate and vote for snowHeads?

What are the Snow Awards?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Done it! Go to www.snowawards.co.uk & it'll tell you how to nominate Snowheads snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All you need to do is register, and there's a box on the RHS that gives you a link to nominees and allows you to nominate. 50 nominations and you get listed Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
www.snowheads.com nominated Very Happy Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A nomination from me too
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll be nominating too but have noticed that one of the sponsors in the SCGB. Hope the representing panel member is not one of those responsible for the decision of locking us out or is that me being cynical?? Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
John Saunders from www.snowawards.co.uk was on one of the other posts in On Piste thread 'The Snow Awards - What is the best Winter Website? ' to state that the data they collect will not be used for any eroneous purposes and that
Quote:
Thanks to all of you who voted so far. It is not a scam. It is just an new independant event, established to reward and recognise what is now a massive industry in the UK.

and
Quote:
We do not intend to sell any of the database. We ask for this information so that all votes are to the best of our knowledge legitimate and can be accounted for. This will help to make them as accurate as possible and discourage multi voting.

The awards will be held in November (a time when alot of the industry is in the UK for other events) and so we have decided to leave the voting open as late as possible.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Folks!
I just got back from 2 weeks in Eastern Canada (including some enjoyable skiing at Mont Tremblant and Le Massif) and logged onto the SCGB website, only to discover the closure of the open forum and the protests about it on the SCGB members-only forum, to which I have now added my own.
All kudos to U Brain and others for setting up snowheads.com - the phpBB plaftorm is undoubtedly an improvement over the previous software. I can well understand that some former Registered Users of the SCGB forum feel aggrieved and wish to have nothing further to do with the SCGB. However, as already discussed elsewhere, in the longer term snowheads will have to address issues of bandwidth/ storage and running costs (voluntary donations, advertising or even membership fee Exclamation ). If, as I very much hope it will, the SCGB re-opens its discussion forums to all, there may be potential for mutually beneficial co-operation between the two e.g at one extreme the SCGB could if agreed integrate snowhead back into its website, keeping the phpBB format and volunteer moderators and paying the running costs, or if snowheads.com wishes to remain an independant entity at least both sites can have appropriate links to each other.

If we can re-establish a single forum (with the improved bulletin board software and volunteer moderation of snowheads with the running costs covered by the SCGB) then some good may come out of the SCGB's mistaken previous decision (P.S As regards the Council's erroneous decision I always believe more in the theory of cock-up than conspiracy) Little Angel
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi there Alastair, nice to see you around. Smile

As you'll have gathered there has been two weeks of vigorous argument going on inside the Ski Club member only forum. The solutions you outline are something I think most of us can support but we are awaiting a decision from Ski Club. Personally, having acted rather bizzarrely in the first instance, I don't see them making what I consider to be the right decision in the future.

I understand that quite a number of people here have been associated with Ski Club for many years and are keen to see their old friend see the error of its ways.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy