Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Body Armour - any advice/reviews please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of buying either POC or Forecefield body armour. Does anyone have any experience of the full vest options (chest, back, shoulders, elbows) please? Wondered if it fits under jacket, level of protection, too hot etc. Advice welcome!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got a Forcefield back protector. Back protector only with shoulder and waist straps as I get hot and didn't want a built-in jacket type. Hardly notice I'm wearing it. It is a motorcycle one actually. I'm sure there is some marketing that says they use different materials for cold weather, thus the ski ones are more expensive. But seems fine to me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use full motorcycle Dianese body armour on my upper body and tbh it's too much. I ski with someone who uses dianese mtb body armour and he reckons that's much better but still too sweaty.
I've been thinking about new armour mainly because I look like an american footballer with it on! So I was looking at the demonflex jacket. Whatever, I think 3DO technology has got to be a vast improvement over hard plastic. Having said that I'm pretty sure mine has saved me lots of pain when I've tumbled or on the odd occasion someone skied into me.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
might be of interest to you!!

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3029385#3029385
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought some Demon body armour (full vest) in Jan - just before a trip to Austria. Was hit on a fast red by a fast Austrian, whose enthusiasm exceeded his abilities. I was walloped in the liver/kidney area with considerable force. Knocked flying but to my amazement - no pain at the impact site and no bruising. Having been a bit of a doubter I was dead impressed.

The Demon stuff fitted comfortably under a fleece and jacket. Felt slightly odd at first but within 20 minutes, hardly noticed it was there.

It was expensive - think about £130 odd but well worth it. Just checked the website - down to £119 : https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Demon_Flex_Force_Pro_Body_Armour_Top_S_BlackGreen.

No idea how it compares to POC or Forcefield but the reviews were pretty good.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Bennyboy1, we have used VPD POC armour for some time, and it has proved invaluable. The older POC full body armour is good, but oriented to DH mountain biking and not to skiing - nice light VPD (viscous polymer material) as back protector (very high rating and never notice it on) but heavy solid sections for chest and arms. The new VPD stuff - shorts, back protector, chest, arms, is VPD on a mesh base. Very light, very high protection levels and very easy to wear. Warm, due to the polymer layer, but that's fine in winter sports. The research behind POC is second to none. I would heartily recommend it. My son and I have been saved from serious injury by POC stuff (one simple error by him recently which resulted in a fall onto some rocks; for me, a from-the-rear hit from an out of control skier). I like the look of the Forcefield kit, but regret no experience of it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy