Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski beat

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had the misfortune to go with Ski Beat to La Roserie ,Feb half term 2017, Papillon 5 chalet was OK great living areas.
The chalet staff were not (apart from Nial who was outstanding) very tight management of food budgets, one meal 12 chicken breasts used for 17, poor catering skills, cakes were terrible no one ate one but it still appeared 3 days running.
Breakfast missing cooked breakfast for two days, last day told we had used our allowance of orange juice so we had to have squash.
With conjecture got the feeling staff were milking budget or we were paying for their earlier season costing mistakes.
Feel stupid now back home as we should have created holy hell out there.
The staff took our e-mail addresses for feedback but there is a surprise they have not arrived.
On my experience I would avoid Ski Beat with a very big barge pole.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very sorry to hear that - sounds a bit rubbish of them doesn't it! I went on ski beat holidays a couple of years running (La Plagne, Peisey/Les Arcs) and was very pleased both times - I would definitely complain, though the best you'd probably get is a discount on next year (if you're brave enough to try them again ....)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been with them in past, one holiday host was a little relaxed about actually cooking for us, other times they were fine. Down to hosts and resort manager really.

Yes with hindsight should have raised at time, but I'd still write to Ski Nest and outline your complaint
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
qatourism1 wrote:
cakes were terrible no one ate one

So how did you know that they were terrible Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Call me an old cynic but the OP's username looks a bit sus.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed in Pap5 last year. Our room was a bit pokey and the bathroom moreso, but the food was good and Ian and Chris our hosts were spot on. I'm not particularly easily pleased BTW.

I've used Ski Beat sporadically over the years, I've noticed that the standard of their accommodation has been on the gradual slide.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 3-03-17 0:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
myself, family and friends have stayed with ski beat in la ros several times and never had an issue.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used Ski Beat in Les Arcs last year and it was top notch. If you've had a bad experience, write to them.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pandora
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Norrin Radd, yep
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been with Ski Beat a couple of times in the Papillion chalets in La Ros and it's been pretty good. Staff have been excellent, accommodation good and the food has been fine.

I have had better food but then I paid a lot more for it, so for the money I'm very happy. Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
so you decided to slate the TO on a Public forum without giving them even the first chance of redress?
Quote:

Feel stupid now

indeed
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had a nice trip last month with Ski Beat in Meribel. Chalet staff were very good, and the reps were pretty visible. Always better to raise any problems in resort.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The OP's story suggests that Ski Beat are returning to their bad old days of 15 or so years ago, before they had to be acquired by the current owners...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy