Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who fancies Easter at UCPA in Val Thorens?

Poster: A snowHead
So despite soon being on my way to Pas, Andorra for a week in March, thanks to this forum I recently came across UCPA and just booked up for a week at their centre in VT over Easter - 15th to 22nd April.
I've been there before at the end of the season and because it's the highest resort in Europe, the snow conditions were great.

I'm braving the SnowExpress bus from London for my return journey (no transfers required) as flights were pretty expensive due to the Easter holidays.

It was super cheap... just £691.72 which includes all of the below:

-Return overnight coach travel between London and VT (Coach leaves London Victoria at 18:30 on Friday 14th and arrives back in London on Sunday 23rd at 11:30)
-Half Time Instruction (not really needed and there's no commitment to take part in every session, but it was only an extra £9 and I thought it'd be a good way to meet others)
-Lift Pass 6.5 days
-Equipment Hire 6.5 days
-7 Night Accomodation
-All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
-Evening Entertainment

I'm a fun, sociable 35 yr old male snowboarder who's comfortable both on the slopes and with a beer in my hand at the bar!

I just thought I'd post it here as it's a cracking deal and too good not to share.

If anyone's up for it, you can join the same group as me by signing up trough this link - https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?GroupRef=d0353d5f
    If you'd rather fly and arrange your own transfers that's also fine, the cost of the package minus the coach is £573
    snowHead

Ads
    snow report
     Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
    Have a look on the Events forum, there's going to be about 150+ other snowheads there that week on the EoSB snowHead Plenty of people to ski with Very Happy
    latest report
     Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
    The good news for you, @BristolAds, is that there will be plenty of Snowheads around to play with.

The bad news is that those Snowheads will be on the End of Season Bash, which only costs about £450. So the £691 might not look so attractive.

That said with travel and meals included it's still a pretty good shout for anyone who wants to attend VT that week and can't get on the bash. But it's not full yet...
    snow report
     You need to Login to know who's really who.
    @dp, I reckon it's about equal as a deal, given that it includes meal, some lessons and equipment hire for £573. That must be pretty close to the same sort of price...although obviously the quality of the Snowheads accommodation and coaching are far superior....and you get to enjoy my company Very Happy
    ski holidays
     Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
    Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
    Ha, oh well... I'm new to the forum so missed that unfortunately, maybe next year.

If I add flights, transfers, equipment hire and meals to the £450 EoSB price tag, I'm still pretty happy with my deal.

Would be great to meet up with some Snowheads though as many of you will be about
    latest report
     You'll need to Register first of course.
    You'll need to Register first of course.
    Yeah UCPA seem to do some pretty good value trips. Now you've found snowheads it's worth keeping an eye out on the Events page as there can be some good deals here too, especially if you have to travel on your own.

I'm sure you'll bump into some of us, most of the people I've met seem friendly enough so drop a message out if you're looking for people to ski with. Or you can pretty much guarantee that there'll be someone from the forum in the restaurant above the Portette/Moraine lifts at virtually any time of day Very Happy
    ski holidays
     Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
    Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
    @BristolAds, You can indicate that you're in the area on the EOSB thread and you'll get updates on plans etc. Just add your mobile number to your profile.
    ski holidays
     After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
    After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
    @geepee, thanks for that.
    I've added myself to the 'in the area' section on the thread. I'll add my mobile number to get any updates.
    Cheers
    latest report
     You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
    You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
    Is anyone else interested in the week before (08.04)? I know @dp mentioned that he might do it, depending.
    Any other takers?

I'm keen to do it as well, as pre EoSB is probably not gonna happen this year.

On the Crystal site (the usual provider of a chalet for pre-bash), the usual chalet (Chalet de Neige 2) isn't offered after the week 15.04, they are shutting early as well.

Which means we'll be left to our own devices. The UCPA deal really can't be knocked!
    snow report
     Ski the Net with snowHeads
    Ski the Net with snowHeads
    @BristolAds, welcome to snowHead s!
    snow report
     snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
    snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
    @snowglider, you might have already seen it but there's a thread about this in the snow events, voting for a pre-EoSB or post-EoSB (there's usually a week before but this is it clashes with the busy Easter week). There are already a few people that have booked flights for the 8th and are planning something.
    snow conditions
     And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
    And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
    @SnoodlesMcFlude, thanks, yes I have; I have even posted in that thread.

The reason I decided to post here as well is that this thread specifically discusses staying at the UCPA.

Quick look on Booking dot com reveals that acommodation prices for that week in VT are quite high already, and the UCPA represents a decent low cost alternative.
    snow report
     So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
    So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
    If you are happy in a dormitory.
    latest report
     You know it makes sense.
    You know it makes sense.
    @snowglider,
    Quote:

pre EoSB is probably not gonna happen this year.

I think it will, in some form or another.
    snow report
     Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
    Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
    Norrin Radd wrote:

4 person bedroom is hardly "a dormitory", and I'd be more than happy to share it with fellow snowHeads. But YMMV.
    snow conditions
    Norrin Radd wrote:

Stayed in a 4 bed room at the MYaSH trip last year generally okay. I'm partly lucky because I sleep well, especially when I've been skiing all day.

But anyway for some of us it's not necessarily down to choice/being happy but down to budget. If the difference between me being able to afford a ski holiday or not is staying in a room with 3 others then I'll stay in a room with 3 others, it's considerably better than staying at home where I get a room to myself Very Happy
    ski holidays
    Hurtle wrote:
    I think it will, in some form or another.

@Hurtle, I so wish that you're right but, it just doesn't seem that way.

Typically, the chalet for preEoSB has always been arranged through Crystalski (@admin has not used anyone else for this before). That doesn't mean per se that he won't ever; but Crystalski are winding down their operation earlier this year, and it's not clear from whom else a chalet for preEoSB would be sorced.

Besides, the discussions about this are now going in 3 separate threads (the original EoSB 2017, the pre vs post EoSB, and now here).
    So far, @admin has chosen not to step in and clarify the situation, which only serves to reinforce the suspicion that it won't happen.
    snow conditions
    SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
    Norrin Radd wrote:

Stayed in a 4 bed room at the MYaSH trip last year generally okay. I'm partly lucky because I sleep well, especially when I've been skiing all day.

But anyway for some of us it's not necessarily down to choice/being happy but down to budget. If the difference between me being able to afford a ski holiday or not is staying in a room with 3 others then I'll stay in a room with 3 others, it's considerably better than staying at home where I get a room to myself Very Happy

@SnoodlesMcFlude, +1 to everything you've said! snowHead
    ski holidays
    Norrin Radd wrote:

Lol. Lots of my friends refuse to consider UCPA because of the dormitories - I've stayed in 3 different centres and have yet to see anything that I'd call a dornitory - 4 to a room is hardly a hardship.
    1st World problems!
    snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy