Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need to vent about a Tour Operator.

Poster: A snowHead
Seems reasonable enough to me, though yours, mine and the TO's opinion of reasonable could vary and resiult in misunderstandings here.

If your quote is accurate then I'dlike to here how @Lisa_BrentaSki, interprets that as not asking for money back. It'd seem pretty pedantic and say it's not a demand.

Best to just draw a line under it as you say.

ps. if you're confused (as a new member) by some earlier "...eo" comments do a search for "Flounceo"
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@adithorp, it sounds like some communication may have gone on directly which other members of the TO were not party or aware....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's like I said, the willingness to help is there, the gift for customer relations isn't. I've seen both aspects.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
May have been a great holiday but as I understand it the Brentaski package includes flights and transfers. On that basis a transfer that gets to the airport 8 hours before your flight departs isn't on. Unacceptableo in facteo.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Something of an own goal by Brentaski there then!

Frankly, I'd be raging at 8 hrs in an airport. Unless there was storm or other disaster, there's no real call to be so early to the airport, other than to save the TO's margins, IMHO.

Although, to be fair, an 8 hr wait WITH my kids would be never be "hell on earth", why do so many sH's strive to avoid their kids for so much of the time?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Strax wrote:

...Although, to be fair, an 8 hr wait WITH my kids would be never be "hell on earth"...

...but for them...? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
8 hours at an airport is a long time for children , I don't think it's about not being with them, but being with them in an environment that they will not enjoy, be bored and cost a fortune.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I spent 12 hours at Geneva airport once , it was not fun with 2 children.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was transferred (felt like dumped at!) to Chambery airport seven hours ahead of take-off time. As SHs will know, Chambery is a crap airport for facilities at the best of times but I felt seven hours was completely unreasonable. I've never been with a tour operator since...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@LOTA, +1

Chambery is crap - flights delayed due to wind left us sitting at the gate for four hours (with OH strapped up because of her ruptured shoulder). Not great.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My only comment is that President is a really odd & grandiose title to have for a UK company - we're not amerkins. The bloke's name is Mick btw - publicly available on their website.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Strax, imagine the conversation:
"Daddy, yesterday you said we'd ski this morning. Why are we at the airport already?"
Doesn't take much to degenerate from there...!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
To me it seems like OP is well within their right to be unhappy at that transfer timing, but they also say the tour operator made up for it as well. Seems like the only current annoyance is with the president, not the rest of the TO, so really we should all move on snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd be intrigued to know what was so bad about the OP's behaviour that Brenta Ski do not want him back. He seems to have behaved reasonably from his account and was satisfied with the TO's recompense. So, why the radical response from them?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
suggul wrote:
I'd be intrigued to know what was so bad about the OP's behaviour that Brenta Ski do not want him back. He seems to have behaved reasonably from his account and was satisfied with the TO's recompense. So, why the radical response from them?
Good question, I feel there may be two versions of this story, and both feel they were correct in their behaviour. Judge Judy comes to mind. Toofy Grin Having four kids, I dislike being stuck in airports with them, but it has happened and it isn't the end of the world, they can be occupied, depending on age, different things can be done. I was stuck in Gatwick with four a few years ago and it was 10 hours before we got given a hotel room ( In the airport) and we were all bored, It is surprising how you can entertain yourselves at other passengers expense when left enough time to do so.
latest report
I call this one a 0-0 draw.

As with so many of these petty disputes, both parties come out looking bad and the whole thing should never have gone this far.

Let's move on...

http://youtube.com/v/91FIXIJurFM
snow report
suggul wrote:

I would guess the OP probably asked for some sort of assurance that there wouldn't be a similar 8hr wait at the airport or at least if they would them similar services would occur. I am also suspicious that not the management were aware of the arrangements that had occurred at the airport previously, until they were told.
ski holidays
@adithorp, Oh, that's why they keep going skiing without me. Dammit.
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
The bloke's name is Mick btw - publicly available on their website.
Henceforth to be known as "Mickeo" ?

Having dealt with these people myself, I concur completely with Hurtle's succinct take on them.
latest report
@admin, 👍🏻 - henceforth to be known as admineo😳
ski holidays
I'm on the TOs side from the first. my maxim is 'never trust a poster whoose first five, and only posts ever, are complaints against a service or product. '
latest report
RUGBY PETER wrote:
@admin, 👍🏻 - henceforth to be known as admineo😳
Not for the first time!
ski holidays
I have been asked to remove the post I made as I didn’t have either the writer’s or the recipient’s consent to publish the correspondence. So I have.

But I will still reiterate that we (the company) didn’t ask for a refund to be made to us, and as far as I can see we ran the OP’s trip with the same enthusiasm for this client’s wish to enjoy their trip as we do all our clients.

PS. It's snowing in resort and the storm heading over the whole of Europe should make a hell of good time for the next two weeks.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 3-03-17 20:43; edited 3 times in total
snow report
The above post was changed

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 3-03-17 20:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Still not sure why they should return the €75? It appears to have been paid quite legally.
ski holidays
As I said, there is always more to a complaint than meets the eye. Thanks for the update @Lisa_BrentaSki.
latest report
I'm not sure that email shows the company in quite as good a light as the poster seems to think it does, but hey ho, it'll keep the thread alive for another few pages...
latest report
Hmmmm. Reading the email, I'm still scratching my head as to why the TO refused a new booking. OP sounds a bit demanding, but the only unreasonable thing he did was book the hotel room and then expect the TO to pay up. Surely they could have just refused. The fact that he tried to book again with them would suggest the discussion they had at the time was fairly amicable. It's not clear to me why the TO is so aggrieved.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Still not sure why they should return the €75? It appears to have been paid quite legally.

At least €50 of it certainly was. This is bizarre, why would you print emails further confirming how badly handled the situation was? In fact did the OP even name the tour op before they came along?
snow report
Quote:

Yes I know the grammar isn't spot on.

Nobody mentioned it?!
snow report
Quote:

On a final point may I ask that you refund our €75 (approx. £62). Please make the cheque payable to Wigan’s Children’s Hospice.

Suddenly introducing and using a children's hospice to illicit a repayment is despicable. For once I'm lost for words. For me it's a huge PR disaster for Brentaski.
ski holidays
@Pruman, I think you mean elicit an illicit payment, but totally agree.
latest report
@Pruman, I agree about the hospice - it's a really cheap and unpleasant move
ski holidays
Where I just see 3 hours 48 , not ideal but not a killer.

I would usually transfer from 3valleys to Geneva and will always add as much buffer as I can. I have experienced the tight transfer, and it's not worth the stress.
ski holidays
Quote:

Where I just see 3 hours 48 , not ideal but not a killer.

on top of four hours, so eight hours in total
snow report
Hmm... much more to this methinks - to me the £62.00 reads as if its the straw that broke the camels back.
imho this para suggests other events may have occurred..

Quote:
Although I would hope that you would give some thought to extra effort our resort staff put in trying to trying their best (throughout the week) to provide you with not only the trip you booked, but also going over and above what was required to ensure that both you and your family were able to get the most from your time with us.

I am surprised a TO would ban a customer simply over £62.
snow report
Meh, 7 hours in an airport is a pain but not worth getting bent out of shape over (in fact we had a similar wait on the way back from Livigno)....but then neither is £60. Neither party comes out of this overly well.

I think @boredsurfin could be right that there's a bit more and expectations of the client exceeded what the TO expects to provide.
snow report
When you're in a hole.. stop digging! It seems to me that that applies to both parties, though BrentaSkis hole is getting deeper, quicker.
snow report
Lisa_BrentaSki wrote:
But I will still reiterate that we (the company) didn’t ask for a refund to be made to us

Doesn't matter who Brentaski said it should be paid to, you asked for it to be paid back. That was a silly move and completely needless.
snow report
Can't we just put this to bed, it's getting very boring. Much more interesting things to chat about.
rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy