Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just booked a cheap flight

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

Rather pleased with myself as I have just booked a cheap return flight from my local airport, Doncaster to Sofia for £29. This is for the 14th March. Borovets isn't a mega resort i realise, but as a cheap getaway for a novice boarder I think it will do me nicely.
So I will be back on here later asking for advice regarding hotels, transfers (appear to be limited as a solo traveler), preferred runs and maybe even some bars! Im also hoping the conditions will be favorable at that time, but 2 chances i guess.

Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you want a bigger area, Bansko is also an option and doesn't suffer from the queues so badly in march.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can also ski close to Sofia in Vitosha. we stayed there years ago (1988) and it was good as a beginners resort.
It's only 20kms away from the centre of Sofia and from memory there was a long cable car from the suburbs of Sofia up to the mountain hotels.
We stayed at one of the hotels on the mountain, it was pretty basic but I imagine it will have improved since then.
In fact most things about the resort were pretty basic but we did have an excellent instructor, probably one of the best instructors I've known.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am in borovets for a week 4th March. It better snow soon as there are patches coming through on the slopes.

If you need advice I can help once I am there
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you.

I think I have settled on Borovets as it is the closest transfer, excluding Vitosha. Also the Mussala pathway looks about perfect for my skill level.

Thanks KernowRed. An update on conditions when you get there would be appreciated by lots of people on here, me included.

Cheers.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you sorted details? I've been to Borovets a couple of times this season and if you're really keen to save money, the way to get there is by public bus, which goes from Sofia, costs around £3 one way and runs twice an hour from 7am-8pm.

However, the station it goes from (Avtogara Yug) isn't near the airport, and the bus only goes as far as Samokov, where you'll need to get another bus (~80p) or taxi (~£6) for the last 10km to Borovets.

It's not straightforward, and even less so if you don't know a bit of Bulgarian, so worth weighing up cost v time before attempting it.

If you're a novice, avoid the button lift in the Markudjik area.

The Musala pathway was in a bad state when I was there last weekend, but there is some snow forecast. Also lower parts of it are flat or even uphill.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well we have been here all week.

Snow s slushie but good fun, new snow was only up the top part of the mountain the rest just had rain.

The pathway is closed as is about 4 other runs. It still ok to ride out here but not completely open.

If you are still learning you will be fine.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi ODG.
Yes im sorted thanks, Traventuria shuttle was 17 euro each way, i can live with that.
Are the flat parts of the Musala passable with speed, or do you always have to walk a little?
I guess the button at Markudjik is the only way right to the top, apart from walking. Those runs look nice and wide for practicing and getting back into things a bit.

Hey Kernow.
I see you posted on Thursday, but believe there has been a good dump since then, so hopefully the conditions are improving.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Massive dump on Friday and still snowing today when i left. Some of the runs that were closed due to bare patches are now open and have half a foot of snow on them.

You gonna have a blast!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Awesome!
Thanks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy