Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel insurance - heads up

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had a letter yesterday from my insurer advising that as they hadn't heard from they had cancelled our insurance at the beginning of the month. WTF?!!! So basically, myself and my family all skii'd last week with no travel insurance. I rang to say that this was the first I had heard of there being problem, as the last letter I had received from them said that unless they heard otherwise, payment would automatically be taken. As it turned out, when I got that letter I had to ring them about a health issue and it was all fine. I believed we were covered. He said it was because they couldn't take payment which I assume was because my old card expired last April and I was sent a new one. I said I couldn't believe that in this day and age, they relied on the Royal Mail to deliver such details, especially when insurers always collect email address and telephone numbers so they have other ways to communicate with their customer. He said that I should always check when I get a new card that everyone I deal with is aware. I said that it was difficult to remember nearly a year on all the companies I deal with and that I thought the onus should be on them to put in their "we will collect payment on................." letters they should ask people to ring with their details to ensure they have the correct card numbers.

Sorry to rant and ramble, but I thought I would just bring it to the front of peoples' minds, so that they won't get caught out, especially as we all go on holidays that are considered "dangerous" and as such, we are all more likely to have a problem than someone, say, on a cruise. Public information announcement ends. Over and out.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Poor on their part as the letters I get regarding insurance, give some of the card details they are going to use and say payment will be taken, or if the card is out of date and they haven't used the auto update feature that card providers allow companies to use now for renewed cards they ask me to contact them with payment details. Not telling you it's not going to work especially when you phoned them seems to be a poor system their end.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's really pants.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bambionskiis, I think I recall a case, many years ago admittedly, where an insurer had done exactly that (maybe not travel insurance) and the client had made a claim which the courts forced them to honour on the grounds that it was incumbent on the insurer to positively determine that the client did not want to continue the insurance policy...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bambionskiis, when a similar thing happened to me with my buildings insurance I was deluged with phone calls until I updated it. I was aware it was going to happen but couldn't update online until it failed (weird system). At the point it failed I was called basically hourly until I managed to speak to them to give the new details, and there were still a couple of weeks to run on the old policy.
I think that's really poor of them to send a single letter and expect that to suffice.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've always thought the single letter was enough and that it was up to me to check everything was OK. Until the last time - when the letter got lost in the post. I very nearly went skiing without any insurance. Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Happened to me a few years ago but with car insurance. I assumed it would automatically renew (it didn't). I didn't realise until I got stopped for going over 30mph in a 30 zone. Plod to me "and tell me sir when does your car insurance run out?". Cue red face and another 6 points + fine for having no insurance by 3 days Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
@bambionskiis it was incumbent on the insurer to positively determine that the client did not want to continue the insurance policy...
Interesting. I have received multiple emails from Aviva telling me my insurance is about to run out to the final one which says it has run out and either call them to continue or make sure you have alternative cover.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My renewal is through but specifically says "we will try to take payment on.....you will not be covered until payment is received". They also give the last four digits of the card that they intend to take it from. The card has been cancelled so I know for a fact that it won't renew.

Never assume, it's your responsibility.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
My renewal is through but specifically says "we will try to take payment on.....you will not be covered until payment is received". They also give the last four digits of the card that they intend to take it from. The card has been cancelled so I know for a fact that it won't renew.

Never assume, it's your responsibility.

This...100%
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy