Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snow decline

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys.
I am doing a paper on the link between people travelling for skiing/snow and the decline in snow depths, i would really appreciatate if ye could take the time to take part in this short survey:) any bit of help will be very helpful and do not heistate to leave your opinions on the matter Smile
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VWXKB5K
cheers Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chrisprout1, hardly an unbiased, objective survey, is it? And vague yet restrictive options (how do you define low vs high altitude, alpine area etc). Needs to be better constructed to tempt me to fill it in.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another poorly thought out questionnaire gets the SnowHeads treatment.....

(Q10 is unanswerable. If we knew how much effect travelling had would we change? Depends on how much effect it has and the question assumes we don't know, so...)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chrisprout1, apart from the points @mgrolf stated, a spellchecker would be useful (artifcal???) and a grammar checker too. Halfway through you seem to forget about capital letters and question marks. And in Q3, the choices make me feel you have no knowledge of ski areas at all. Sorry.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kids rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Problems:

Q1: Oops NehNeh
Q2: What's your definition of high altitude?
Q3: France and Italy ARE in the 'alpine region.' Not interested in Austria, Canada, Japan, America, Switzerland, etc?
Q4: 's, your, mode
Q5: Over what time period? Snow depths tends to decline in spring and summer...
Q6: Did they | where you go
Q7: Even if I walk? Shocked
Q8: The
Q9: What decline? Every summer?
Q10: Makes no sense

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 23-02-17 22:58; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Examines survey *shudders*
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@clarky999, not wanting to nitpick, but look at Q1's answers again (Particularly the last one)!

I'm not even going to start on Q7.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Tom Doc, Embarassed Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you guys for the feed back it made me rethink the questions and actually reworded pretty much all of it Smile I probably should of explained more about my research and paper for this to make more sense.@mgrolf, @clarky999, @Tom Doc, @maggi,
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

should of explained

should have explained rolling eyes
Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Erm, aside from the problems mentioned above surely Q3 (where have you gone skiing?) should allow you to select more than one answer?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
*have Embarassed Sorry it has been a very long day for me Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@swiftoid, I am not going to lie but i didn't even think of that. So thanks Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@chrisprout1, no worries.
snow conditions
Questions right up there with "Have you stopped beating your wife, yes or no"?
ski holidays
As my daughter is just going through this for her Psychology dissertation I've filled this in 😃
ski holidays
I have too - give sproutman a break
snow report
Done
snow conditions
sergeantslow wrote:

Is the purpose of education not to learn something?
latest report
dogwatch wrote:
sergeantslow wrote:

Is the purpose of education not to learn something?

Patronising is not really educating is it?
snow conditions
Oh, consider it like an apprentice being sent to the stores to fetch a "long weight".
snow report
dogwatch wrote:
Questions right up there with "Have you stopped beating your wife, yes or no"?

No, I always beat her to the cafe. NehNeh
snow report
@chrisprout1, On the basis of fair play to you for asking and not withering under the ensuing onslaught I have completed it, not saying I liked its construction, but I answered it honestly.

Don't take the hard time you are getting to heart, the average age on here is definitely on the downward slope (pun intended) and I suspect you are relatively young. One thing though is whilst I don't necessarily blame you for the thinking that led to Q7 rather than your teachers and lecturers, is that not everyone obediently accepts that whatever adaptation of our climate is actually happening is man-made, or artificial, or anything other than natural processes.

So, if you want to change anything with your survey you might want to factor in the option to answer on that note. Oh and if you really want more participation at least acknowledge the possibility that the whole argument could just be a massive left wing conspiracy or, more likely, the biggest taxation wheeze since the need to 'stop' involuntary Francophilia.
ski holidays
There you go chris; filled in. It's good that you've taken on board peoples' suggestions, and amended the original survey. Given some of the feedback, I suspect many would have just had a hissy fit and not come back, so well done for that. We all need a bit of help when we are starting out. Just a thought but perhaps a better approach in future would be to make a suggestion of questions and ask people if they can think of a way of refining it, before actually going live.

Good pointers from robbo above too btw.
snow report
Done. For what it's worth I have drastically cut down my transport impact by moving to the skiing Toofy Grin
latest report
The last question got me thinking, I may have to take that on board and just stay all season rather than traveling more than once.
snow report
Quote:

@chrisprout1, On the basis of fair play to you for asking and not withering under the ensuing onslaught I have completed it, not saying I liked its construction, but I answered it honestly.

Don't take the hard time you are getting to heart, the average age on here is definitely on the downward slope (pun intended) and I suspect you are relatively young.

Same here, however I wish we had polls on this forum , so we could actually calculate the average age, I wonder how old the snowheads are. ( I like knowing trivial rubbish like that)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My car hasn't left resort this year and I never drive it in resort so that theory holds 😁 I'll break my duck tomorrow driving all the way to Alpe d'Huez 😃
snow report
biddpyat wrote:
Quote:

Don't take the hard time you are getting to heart, the average age on here is definitely on the downward slope (pun intended) and I suspect you are relatively young.

Same here, however I wish we had polls on this forum , so we could actually calculate the average age, I wonder how old the snowheads are. ( I like knowing trivial rubbish like that)

Me too. I'm 50 btw Very Happy
snow conditions
Quite a young one then.
snow conditions
Done!
snow report
Done,

You lot are ruthless!! Very Happy
latest report
@Claude B, @sparkzter, @Norrin Radd, @biddpyat, @pieman666, @Scarpa, @bambionskiis, @robboj, @Legend., Thank you all for your help Smile I know a lot of you were not happy with the layout of the survey and I do apologise:( So I will take what ye said on board and try to improve on what I can Very Happy
snow conditions
@chrisprout1, done since (as others have said) you've taken the flak without complaining and responded constructively to the criticism.
Now prove that you are better than others who post survey links, and share the results with us when you get them. You may want full body armour and a hard hat handy though. Laughing
ski holidays
Interesting - One of the "assumptions" appears to be that "only" your travel to the slopes affects "climate change"**/snow in resort. When that, for most of us, is a once off (maybe twice a year) event. Day to day driving a car (for example) has far more of an affect "climate change"

**assuming you agree that "climate change" is man-made
ski holidays
I have filled this in but I found it frustrating.

Eg. Question 4. There is no option for going by more than one means but not all the above.

Question 5 - Why have you put early March as the end of the season? A large number of English families ski in late March/early April during school holidays and quite often the season goes on till at least mid April. In recent years there has been less snow early season but late season has been good.
snow conditions
As already said, well done for taking all the flak on the chin and not running away and hiding! I've now completed the survey.

Don't forget that man made pollution doesn't cause climate change - it may well exacerbate it, but climates have always changed, that's what they do.
snow report
I've just done the survey but it needed a comments option. Of course we are aware of the environmental impact of travel but I'm not going to stop going skiing but try to live as environmentally friendly as possible day to day.
snow report
dogwatch wrote:
Oh, consider it like an apprentice being sent to the stores to fetch a "long weight".

Bag of sparks for the angle grinder.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy