Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA Ski Carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, Long time lurker, first time poster...

I know this topic has been covered in the past, however I am off to Tignes this weekend and noticed that BA have changed the wording on their policy from when I booked so would love to hear from guys who have been on BA this season

From their website https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/sporting-goods-and-musical-instruments

It now says:-
You can take ski and snowboarding equipment of up to 190cm (75in) in length in your checked baggage, provided it is packed correctly:

Only use a recognised ski or snowboard bag for your equipment.
Pack your ski poles with your skis.
Pack your boots separately from your skis or snowboard.
If you're travelling on a hand baggage only (Basic) fare or if your checked baggage allowance includes one bag only, you will need to pay extra to take your ski equipment.

It is the last bit that concerns me as this was never the case as I thought you could just take skis/board as part of your checked allowance!

Any Ideas? has anyone been on BA this season?

Thanks,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You have to indicate that your hold luggage will be ski carriage, you then pack your bag with ski equipment including boots and anything else up to 23kg. Never had a problem with this.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeh that's always been the case in the past, you just say that your 'free' bag is the ski carriage and pack it up to 23kg, it's just the (delibrately) vague wording that now me confused as it now says your skis will be extra if you only have one bag. Pretty sure it used to say something along the lines of "you can take it as part of your free checked allownace".

Have you been this season?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did it very recently at the birthday bash without a hitch.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JakeDurbs,

I have flown with BA lots of times with skis and never had an issue and there is no need to pre-book and pay for ski equipment providing you have paid for a ticket that includes hold luggage (1 pc for ecomomy, 2 pcs for business) - in this case you are correct, the ski bag (or bike box) is recognised at the piece of hold luggage in which you can pack you clothes etc.

The sentence you have highlighted relates to the cheaper fares that are available as hand luggage only (ie. do not include and hold luggage). In this case you simply need to add 1 or more pcs of hold luggage by amending the booking (and paying difference) should you wish to take skiis as an aftertought.

You can also get creative and buy a business class ticket for just one of the legs which then automatically grants you 2 pcs of luggage for both legs. This is sometimes cheaper than adding an extra luggage if you need check a second case along with your skis.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=130508
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Guys, apologies for not seeing that there was a recent thread on this! My search skills aren't quite as sharp as I thought!

That's always been the way I have done it, but something in the wording change scared me!

Can now relax and start counting down the days!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy