Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic heals

Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of 2001ish Atomic R:11 with a bsl of 327. The plastic grip plate on the heal has worn away and there are no spares available. These are great boots with foamed liners and I wondered if any one had a fix or and old pair lying around that I could have the heals off?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could try ringing Ski Bartlett, as they managed to dig out a "slightly used" part for my Atomic bindings, dating from 2003. If they can't help you, then nobody can.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@BertieG, Anything Technical at Kendal could be your saviour.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
These?

wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@BertieG, As mentioned above, Anything Technical would be my first point of contact (unless you have already tried them). Just because it isn't on their site doesn't mean they cannot get hold of it.

http://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/shop/ski-boot-spares/ski-boot-heels-and-toes/atomic-ski-boot-heels-and-toes/

There are various places offering ski boot repair, but I don't know if this counts as simple bolting on a replaceable toe/heel, or actual plastic surgery, which sounds like what you require. You would need to phone around and ask.

For example - http://www.skiexchange.co.uk/workshop/

You could also contact Feet First Resoles, an excellent company I have used for hiking boots. They don't do ski boots, but being in that industry, they may know who can.

https://www.resoles.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh Yes! Oh Yes!
Beat me maam!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I purchased replacement toes/heels from anything technical for Atomic B boots, the bolts holding the heels in place have a torq T head, and I would imagine it would be similar for all Atomic replacement heels, it might be wise to invest in a good quality Torq T screwdriver from somewhere like RS components, I had a couple of screw heads where the Torq T insert was damaged, drilling out is tricky as you can easily damage the boot, what I done where the screw head was damaged was carefully cut around the screw head with a Stanley knife and release the screw with long nose pliers or pipe grips. It may sound difficult, but once you get the old inserts off its very easy and quick putting the replacements on
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rob@rar, @DrLawn, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Unfortunately Anything Technical couldn't help nor could the Atomic importers. Thanks for the other ideas; I will have a ring round. Meanwhile I'm bodging with Araldite.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BertieG, we used to supply the UK trade with these spares on behalf of atomic until about 4 years ago.... the T tech boots were last produced in 2002/2003 and parts ran out about 9 years later.... if you find some they will be collecting dust in a workshop somewhere in an Austrian ski resort or on eBay as a used boot

being honest it is time for new boots
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BertieG wrote:
Unfortunately Anything Technical couldn't help nor could the Atomic importers. Thanks for the other ideas; I will have a ring round. Meanwhile I'm bodging with Araldite.

I went through exactly this process when looking for the part for my binding. Part of the problem was that my binding was from the era before Atomic acquired Salomon.

After making a lot of calls, including Amer Sports, I found out that Ski Bartlett was the most likely bet, as they are one of the biggest Atomic dealers and have a large range of spares. They were very helpful....and actually took the trouble to look through their old parts bins until they had success....though I think I was very lucky.

FWIW. Make sure your boots are worth the effort and aren't dangerous.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Atomic heals what ? Flu ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ski wrote:
Atomic heals what ? Flu ?

I was waiting for that. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@CEM, the thing is the Sidas inner are as good as the day they were foamed and still very comfortable. The shells are in good shape and it's just the heels, toes and power strap that are worn.
I will be calling you when the time comes but I hope it's just not yet!
ski holidays
@Old Fartbag, @ski, whoops, never could spell!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy