Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Flex Rating for New Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking at replacing my 8 year old Nordica Speedmachine boots as the liners have had it. The current boots have adjustable flex setting of 110 and 120 by turning an allen key, but the current Nordica Speedmachine models (with similar fit) come in either 110 OR 120 and unsure which one to get.

I normally ski with the current boots set to 110 for all day cruising, bumps and off-piste. I occaaionally set them to 120 if I am piste bashing in the morning on groomed runs. I am a strong skiier and prefer short turns by default but do longer turns when appropriate. I am 85kgs and 5' 10". I am tempted to stay with 110 as I am not getting any yonger and assume current boots have lost flex over time and is currently less than 110. snowHead toughts on which Speedmachine boots to get is appreciated?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go talk to a decent boot fitter, tell them about your skiing and what you want and go with their recommendation.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why not just replace the liners and keep the shells which you appear to like?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ozboy, a. You are over thinking b. Get new liners? C. 120.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also depends on what you prefer. I hate softer boots, I just feel disconected from the skis.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Tubaski, new liners no longer available and boots getting quite battered after years of service.

@under a new name, probably over thinking but they offer them in 100, 110, 120, 130 and I would like to understand the criteria for choosing the correct flex Smile

Are flex ratings linear?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ozboy wrote:
@Tubaski, new liners no longer available and boots getting quite battered after years of service.

@under a new name, probably over thinking but they offer them in 100, 110, 120, 130 and I would like to understand the criteria for choosing the correct flex Smile

Are flex ratings linear?

Get foam liners from profeet.

Problem solved
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Ozboy, new liners always available sidas or zipfit frinstance
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, thanks Smile. I thought Sidas only did insloes and also though inner boots were propritary to the outer shell. Can you confirm I am off the mark on both counts? If so i may investigate this option and get my buckles refurbished assiming this can all be done cheaper than getting new boots at c. €350 from a resort ski shop.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ozboy, Sidas sell both Foam injected and Thermo mouldable liners to replace your stock liners.

For example from Profeet http://www.profeet.co.uk/custom-ski-boot-liners
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@PowderAdict, thanks I will pop into pro-feet to check them out.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Ozboy, probably best to give them a call first - I think you need an appointment.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PowderAdict, @under a new name, Thanks for the recommendation.

Following your advice I popped into Profeet, who are local to me, and they sold me a pair of inners, which they had spare, which resolved my issue and should somewhat extend the life of my 7 YO boots.

I have nordica Speed Machines and he provided Tecnica inners which are almost identical as they are the same company and share the same inners. It's amazing how much firmer the new setup is and i am now back to using the first notches of my buckles and don't have to clamp the boots right down. Planing to test them this weekend Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy