Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pitztal, Austria's hiddn gem of a ski resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, i probably shouldn't do this as it is such an awesome and quiet resort that i would love to stay that way, but has anyone heard of (or even visited) the Pitztal in Tirol, Autria?

Fascinated at how its the highest ski resort in austria and yet no one seems to know of it/go there! not very touristy at all which would put off the brits i guess but its a stunning location.
As snow safe as you can get in Austria with the resort peaking at 3440m.

Anyway - We went there 19-23rd Dec 2016 and here's the edit i made! Check it out please, I'd love to know your thoughts.

if you enjoy it Like, Share and Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for more vids.

http://youtube.com/v/3QxXHePOUUk
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nolooney1997, nice video and looks like a great Austrian destination.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks great. I suspect as its only 41km of pistes, mostly red, it doesn't fit the usual "we need 300km+ of cruisy blues" that most seem to look for.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Always fancied going - seen the glacier from the top station in Solden.
How long from Innsbruck ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skid there (and Kaunertal) several times late season - a great destination for May bank holiday.

Also a perfect start point to ski tour to the Wildspitze, Austria's second highest mountain

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 27-12-16 22:11; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Skied on the Glacier a few times. The funicular had carpet on the walls & roof, a little scary!

Great hotels spread out along the valley floor.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Odd - the thread has title here but not in The Piste thread listing ???? One way to keep it secret, I suppose rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@nolooney1997, an appetising video. I should know by now that for me there's no such thing as a "quick look" into the sH forum - I googled Pitztal, then noticed Serfaus, then an hour down the line, I'm making good progress towards arranging a mini ski break Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@motyl, Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice video. Tight and to the point, and had no problem keeping the interest for someone (me) who wasn't there which is the mark of a well put together holiday video!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Scarpa, I'm now trying to dampen the ardour by doing some DIY. Not sure how well that'll work. See, I'm still here!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Marsbar6, about 2.5 hours
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nolooney1997,

Great video! Thanks for posting.

We've been to Pitztal a few times and love it. We skied Riffelsee for the first time last winter and were really impressed - some nice steep pistes and not busy at all.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@nolooney1997, nice video, we're going to Pitzal for the first time at half term with the kids. I think we'll spend most of the time in the Hochzeiger area and will have a few days at the Glacier/Rifflsee. Looking forward to exploring the area.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geoffers wrote:
Also a perfect start point to ski tour to the Wilspitze, Austria's second highest mountain

http://youtube.com/v/37u9wuIJBXI
snow report
Hoji likes it too:

https://vimeo.com/76099108
latest report
geoffers wrote:
Skid there (and Kaunertal) several times late season - a great destination for May bank holiday.

Also a perfect start point to ski tour to the Wildspitze, Austria's second highest mountain

Amazing picture @geoffers
ski holidays
Marsbar6 wrote:
Always fancied going - seen the glacier from the top station in Solden.
How long from Innsbruck ?

@Marsbar6 We got a minibus and took about 1:15 but could be a bit longer if the weather moves in I suppose.

Very similar to distance from Innsbruck to Sölden - I strongly recommend

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 28-12-16 12:10; edited 1 time in total
latest report
motyl wrote:
@nolooney1997, an appetising video. I should know by now that for me there's no such thing as a "quick look" into the sH forum - I googled Pitztal, then noticed Serfaus, then an hour down the line, I'm making good progress towards arranging a mini ski break Madeye-Smiley

@motyl Serfaus v.good - although lower and no glacier. Pitztal is safer with regards snow conditions but if you time it well and get good snowfall, serfaus would be ace too!
snow report
jjams82 wrote:
Nice video. Tight and to the point, and had no problem keeping the interest for someone (me) who wasn't there which is the mark of a well put together holiday video!

Appreciate it mate Cool I've been putting edits together for a couple years now just as a hobby. They're all on my channel. Hopefully I'm making some progress!

Glad you enjoyed it - plenty more to come
snow conditions
Bergmeister wrote:
nolooney1997,

Great video! Thanks for posting.

We've been to Pitztal a few times and love it. We skied Riffelsee for the first time last winter and were really impressed - some nice steep pistes and not busy at all.

@bergmeister - yeah it's amazing isn't it, so quiet! I've never seen it busy like resorts such as ischgl/ Sölden etc.

Glad you enjoyed the video too Laughing
ski holidays
gazzaredcruiser wrote:
@Marsbar6, about 2.5 hours

@gazzaredcruiser Only took us just over an hour - driver said usually 1hr 1/2. Must be 2.5 in a storm Laughing
ski holidays
simonbaddeley wrote:
@nolooney1997, nice video, we're going to Pitzal for the first time at half term with the kids. I think we'll spend most of the time in the Hochzeiger area and will have a few days at the Glacier/Rifflsee. Looking forward to exploring the area.

@simonbaddeley hope you have a great time! Hochzeiger is a great family reosrt. Much more mellow runs. In good snowfall the powder and off piste potential is great too, although I'm not sure if you're kids are powder hounds yet wink glacier and rifflsee were the go to's for us as we stayed in tieflehn which is pretty much walking distance to the riffl lift.
snow report
Had a great couple of days on the glacier yesterday and the day before. Stunning drive up the valley and pistes were in great condition - would say more mellow than hochzeiger but maybe just due to fairly warm daytime temperatures. Zero visibility at 2400m in hochzeiger today but some fresh snow and sun forecast for tomorrow so going to check out rifflesee. Really impressed with the area and definitely a bit of a "gem".
latest report
In Tirol the area is famous for incest not surprising as itcwas virtulally cut iff before they got a decent rosd up the valley.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy