Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Frozen walk/ski mode on boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tell me, is it a common for boots to freeze up to the extent that they get stuck on walk mode and won't go back into ski mode?

I've never had this problem with previous boots, but it happened last week with my new Tecnica Cochise. And I ended having to ski a really rad line with floppy boots - nobody want a floppy boot.

At one point I was on a precarious steep spot with my foot out my boot trying to unblock the ice. A moment later I was asking my buddy to pee on my boot!!

Same thing happened on the same mission with my mate with Scarpa Freedom SLs.

What gives?

How do I remedy or prevent??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When dry cover with water repellent, e.g. oil, grease, silicone?

No idea how those interact with the surrounding plastics...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fergus wrote:
new Tecnica Cochise. And I ended having to ski a really rad line with floppy boots - nobody want a floppy boot.

At one point I was on a precarious steep spot with my foot out my boot trying to unblock the ice. A moment later I was asking my buddy to pee on my boot!!

Same thing happened on the same mission with my mate with Scarpa Freedom SLs.

What gives?

How do I remedy or prevent??

There is an issue with some versions of the new Cochise not holding in Ski mode but "snapping out" of it - I seemed to be having the problem but now has stabilised but can't say I have committed to full on scenarios - I will look for source , may be TGR.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
"There was an issue with a small number of the first Cochise 130s where the rivet that holds the walk mechanism on the cuff was overtightened skewing the male piece just slightly. As you can see the interface is very tight. They pop out right away on first flex if it's a bad one. If they don't pop you're all set, it will never happen. If a retailer has one that it happens to it will be replaced with inventory that has all been tested.
Last edited by wasatchback; 11-28-2016 at 06:29 PM."

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/305349-Tecnica-Boots-2016-2017/page3
Post #71 - i think have this on one of mine , so let me know/I'll repost my story as well.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Silicone spray on lube is fine for plastics. Also see ACF50... amazing stuff.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@mishmash, thanks for the info. These are the 2017 130s and it would seem mine are of the faulty batch... When they first arrived I was testing the flex and the left boot would quite alarmingly pop out of ski mode the first couple of flexes until the mechanism had 'bedded-in'. I've skied them hard since arrival and it's not been an issue - the mechanism must settle down after a few turns.

Disappointing to hear that it's a factory issue. This is the second generation of the Cochise I've skied - the fit/flex is bang on what I need.

But the issue with the freezing was a complete failure of the ski mode on both boots. We had done a very long skin and bootpack so I can see how moisture could have got in. But when you're in the high mountains, kit failure this fundamental is really not acceptable. Confused
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy