Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats your favourite family friendly ski resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@knackered knees, good for knackered knees
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ozboy, Oh yes...

Sons did walk back a couple of times and on Friday we skied back to top of Murmliland and walked 100 metres
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Puy St Vincent as was mentioned above. We did 4 years with Snowbizz there, self catering, no walking, lift/ski school/creche right outside the apartment door, excellent and small numbers for ski school and the most amazing Pink Ladies who lay on kids' club every night so you can go out if you like, plus they babysit for a very reasonable price.

One of the things that always stuck with me was the owner of Snowbizz who lives there and is part of the mountain rescue, said that it's so safe for kids because all of the runs end at the same place so you can't find yourself unable to get home.

The only reason we're not going back again is because we're buying an apartment in a more northerly resort.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Saisies. I'm intrigued at the notion that France isn't good for "family friendly" resorts because they don't lay on lots of "child care". Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here in Ruka, Finland for 1/2 term with a 5 and a 6 year old. Did a Husky safari this morning, then lunch in our apartment, skied across to ski school for 2pm. It snowed for 12 hours overnight, by 10am it was bluebird. Skied some blues with the mrs while the kids went to ski school. Temperature peaked at -4C. Picked up the kids again, and mrs went home. We skied in the twilight for a couple of hours together (me and the kids). -14 when we got back to the village just after 5. Kids love this place, mrs loves it. Only place I've ever skied where everything is completely dry when you take it off. Max queue is 5 mins. This is the busiest week. Short runs, no blacks, easy tree runs. The vertical is very unimpressive at 200m (that's the same as the smallest area in Scotland) but this is a plus with little kids. This is a place to ski as a family rather than leave them in childcare for the day. I'm loving watching them go from snowplough to parallel. Just need it to stop snowing overnight so we can see the northern lights. Laughing

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 21-02-17 18:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@knackered knees, I was wondering if there was enough snow to traverse across - that was just grass in the morning and it shows that just a few cms on pasture land makes it skiable.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Ozboy, @knackered knees,

Try this place next time Very Happy

Fiss is a better base than Serfaus and this hotel is just the very best with its own lift from the boot room to the piste. No commuting on the tube like at Serfaus. snowHead

http://www.schlosshotel-fiss.com/en/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Tania! All of the 3 valleys at your doorstep, but small. friendly and family orientated.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For me Vallandry every time - been there each year since kids were 4 and 2, now 16 & 14!

Lots of fun through the trees cut throughs above village, great for poor visibility days, and also easy to get to whole of Les Arcs area.

Small resort mainly aimed at families who self-cater we generally head back for lunch to keep costs down and to give kids a rest when younger. Now us who need rest Embarassed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ozboy we went on the road. had to walk for about 100m at one point, but ice with a thin layer of snow was fine. Some pastures looked skiable, but never in the direction we needed.

@red27 Now I can dream. No commuting and house above the office Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We've just come back from a week in Flachau in the Ski Amade as part of a group of 22 (despite saying I'd never organise it again, I appear to be talking about it with some already!) with children ranging from 5 - 14 and all of them had a blast.
This included our 5 & 7 year old who are happy on reds (even doing the black off the Tauernkar lift into Zauchensee). We put the kids in all day ski school (10am-12noon, supervised lunch then 1-3pm) for 3 days and then skiied with them for 3 days - they were more than happy to ski for an hour or so afterwards and twice we followed piste bashers down we were out that late! Ski passes were half price for the kids and mountain restaurants were a comparative bargain compared to their French counterparts. We had 6 nights of catered accom so can't really comment on the cost of eating out in the evenings - the one night we did eat out was €500 but that was all of us and booze!

We hired cars from Munich which enabled us to park each day at the base stations and not cart kit around and it's a straightforward motorway transfer.
It was busy but it was partly UK half term and some of the continental holidays too but I would certainly go back.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy