Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

L2A at Easter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Considering a second trip this season. We can only go over the Easter weekend, mid April for 4 days skiing, so looking at high resorts. Also, to make it financially viable I'm using a load of Hotels.com free nights which limits our accomodation choices. Family of 4 & we'll drive (Tesco vouchers for the tunnel). We've never skied that late in the season before.

Val Thorens, Tignes, Cervinia, Austria, Les Arc, Avoriaz, Switzerland either too expensive or haven't got free nights available. So I'm looking at Flaine or L2A, thinking L2A will be a safer bet and we haven't been there before so a bonus.

Anywhere else worth considering?
Is it likely at that time of year in L2A that the runs back into town will be open, or is it more likely that we'll be getting the gondola back in the afternoon?

Advice appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Valentin and the blue will usually be kept open until the end of season (never bother with the green, the lift is more fun) but if your kids are worn out or the weather takes a turn for the worse, don't be afraid to download. There's no shame in it Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wouldn't worry about getting the lift down at the end of the day. Most of the fun to had is further up the mountain in any case. Valentin will be mayhem, the green is horrible at the best of time and if a blue is more to your taste than a black keep in mind the grading in L2A is a little random at times with more than a few runs that would be rated a colour harder anywhere else. Friends who have done it say is one of the BleuRouge runs!
Oh and have been there at Easter twice. Always plenty open, once all the way down to the village once to the top of the first lifts and a couple of blue sky powder days each time.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 17-02-17 14:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK, thanks. L2A it is then!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We skied at L2A last year over Easter, which was end of March, 1st week of April. Snow wise the best skiing last year was above 2000m. The Jandri run back into the village was slush and over crowded. I got the bubble down after the first couple of days - not worth a knee. Valentin was icey - at times trecherously so and Diablo was closed most of the week we were there.

If there is decent snow cover its a good resort, I would hedge bets, but it is probably better this year than the Northern resorts.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy