Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap Glasses for skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Just purchased A pair of Bolle Tracker tinted safety glasses:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bolle-tracker-ii-amber-lens-safety-specs/21579?kpid=21579&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&gclid=CMz0kazhmdICFdUW0wod8woPvQ

£11.99 - absolute bargain

Not used them yet but they look like they ll do the job
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is that you in the picture?
Dude!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Is that you in the picture? 
Isn't it Bono?? Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do the job for what?

Safety glasses?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nicely padded to keep the icy breeze out, but they don't look anything like dark enough to use on a sunny day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Loads of options complete with bifocal section for reading piste maps:

http://www.straightlines.com/BiFocalSafetySite/bifocal-safety-glasses
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, for me the job will be a spare pair of cheap glasses for the almost certain situation where I either drop my other pair on a lift or leave in a mountain restaurant. For others the job might be a cheap functional pair of glasses to ski in. For some the job might be as you say just safety glasses.

@foxtrotzulu, the padding of them is what prompted the purchase, definitely will keep the breeze out. I think they're just about dark enough for me, I'll see in a few weeks.

@KenX, I have a very distant memory of having hair like the dude in the photo unfortunately modeling contracts for me, even for screw-fix, are as unlikely as my hair to return to its former glory.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jubnut, as @foxtrotzulu, says, not nearly dark enough...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not for bright sunlight - fine when its cloudy. You want a full yellow for when its stormy.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
@jubnut, as @foxtrotzulu, says, not nearly dark enough...

They'll be fine if he puts a pair of goggles over them.

Razz
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Not for bright sunlight - fine when its cloudy. You want a full yellow for when its stormy.

Yep, agree with this. Being yellow lenses they'd likely be pretty good for in flat light, but they wouldn't be for me on a sunny day (although to be fair they do say they come with 100% UV protection).

But for such a low price they're definitely worth looking at. Not all of the best gear has to be specifically designed for skiing; for instance quite a few of the lifties I met during a season in Meribel wore 'skiing' gloves that were the brown leather gloves with fur lining you got from Weldom, the local hardware shop.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I hate to rain in your parade, but you could have had proper dark ones for the same price:

Supertrip Sports Glasses UV400 Protective Motorcycle/Cycling Sunglasses Ski Goggles Color Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015ZO4D26/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ieCQybF1J5KB6?tag=amz07b-21
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I hate to rain in your parade, but you could have had proper dark ones for the same price:

Supertrip Sports Glasses UV400 Protective Motorcycle/Cycling Sunglasses Ski Goggles Color Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015ZO4D26/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ieCQybF1J5KB6?tag=amz07b-21
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
£8.45 for shaded lenses here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolle-TRACPSJ-Tracker-Safety-Goggles/dp/B0029SMDOC/ref=pd_cp_60_2?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=GB9NNTYY4HEY7KF9ZZF1&th=1&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
One for flat light one for sunny. Everyone's happy.
ski holidays
I think it's fair to say that most fashion sunniest are overpriced

http://www.safetysupplies.co.uk/trolleyed/products/bolle-spider-flash.htm
snow conditions
Got loads of them, clear and yellow. OH uses 'em for work on an industrial plant!
Useful back-ups but, for me, don't really work on piste. Mist up, don't really give a good fit (small face), are surprisingly hard when you expect foam to seal around your face. If I need these, then I need goggles, and I can get basic goggles for not far off the same price (kids' ones at Decathlon, for example).
But hope that they work for @jubnut,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy