Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Places to shop near to Trysil

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Seriously considering Trysil next year, but recent reports of Trysil being mega-expensive got me wondering whether there were any less expensive supermarkets nearby e.g. within a half hours drive?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kiwi i think is the cheapest.....have you booked flights, if you fly scheduled eg sas or BA flights presently booking up to Feb next year mean you can take loads of food with you. Thats what we do, we take pasta, rice, cheese, hams, snacks, crisps, chocolates, boxes of wine,some meat, beans, sweet corn in tins and then top up when there. Milk and bread you can get in the Tryil ski resort supermarket. THere is a kiwi 10 mins away by car.
Previously we have stopped and bought food in the coop enroute, the last time was a town called Elverum.
Trysil is a lovely place to ski and if prepared it can be so much cheaper to stay and get there than the Alps
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@warbis66, thanks. We cannot book flights yet - not showing dates we want. It's Oslo half-term, so may be busy...any experience of how busy it gets would be appreciated.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes, we have only ever gone in feb half term. You can ski down a run and not see anyone else. There maybe a bit of a queue at the lifts but they clear within minutes. Which dates are you thinking of going, have you booked accom yet
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
18-25 Feb - something like that. SkiStar accom seems to dribble out over the year, so more bothered about booking flights...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes you can book on skistar, really easy to use website. BA and SAS will be your best bet. I have never paid more than £100 return heathrow to Oslo and we have been to Norway 5 times.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I obviously did something wrong... I booked the flights at about 10mins after the Saturday half term return leg was released on the BA website, and it came to ~126 per person... Oh well. Still fraction of the price of GVA flights!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thats still a good price
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
warbis66 wrote:
thats still a good price

Oh, I agree completely I was really pleased until your comment about never paying more that £100.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickyJ wrote:
warbis66 wrote:
thats still a good price

Oh, I agree completely I was really pleased until your comment about never paying more that £100.

Me too having paid getting for £600 for 4 of us at Easter but we only booked last month and used some Avios to reduce the pain.

Am impressed that you take meat with you on the plane! Are you talking about raw??? Suppose its alright whilst in the air given aircraft holds arent heated and I guess its still cold at ground level until you get to the resort if its in Feb.

The skistar website is pretty easy to book with but I hadnt seen it mentioned before that when you book, if you select to pay via MyPage (I think it is) it then gives you 10 days to pay the deposit (25%) with the rest due 42 days before arrival. If you dont pay your installments the booking will be cancelled and they dont always send a reminder, we had loads of reminders for the deposit date but none for the bigger final payment. But it does give you 10 days of a free hold on a property to check out whether you really want it and to consider others before you need to pay anything.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ster, thanks very much, that is good to know.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy