Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Ski Team director: "We need greater fitness"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On the eve of the 20th Winter Olympics in Turin, British Ski Team performance director Mark Tilston is demanding greater fitness from prospective ski racers. Quoted by the BBC, he says:

"For me it comes down, in many cases, to school physical education programmes. Kids aren't doing basic gymnastics, athletics or other sports as a regular part of their lifestyle..."

Tilston reckons that greater preparation "at home" could make up for the obvious drawbacks of Britain lacking ski mountains, and put us at a more competitive level.

His comment is from this article by Rob Hodgetts on BBC Sport, which looks at the UK track record in the Winter Olympics compared to other nations, and how we could edge forward.

Any comments?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are quite pronounced variations between amounts of physical activity taken in different countries. Just under half of the British population takes part in sport 12 times a year, compared to 80% in Finland (the most active country in the world). The government has lots of targets and is spending oodles of money - but I wonder whether it will make any difference. And presumably those worrying about Stalinism in another thread would prefer that the government lets people decide for themselves how active to be (or parents decide for their children)....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

The government has lots of targets and is spending oodles of money

yeh but if they didn't waste it on football & cricket academys then the country might take a bit more interest

it seems if we (sorry the English) win a cricket tournament then everone will want to take up cricket and the same with football loos a tournament and we all need to bend it like Becham Twisted Evil

what we need is a ban on games consoles to get the unfit little B****rs off their butts and moving a bit then we might actually win something more

oh and while we are at it can we ban McDs et al
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
[quote="CEM"]
Quote:

what we need is a ban on games consoles to get the unfit little B****rs off their butts and moving a bit then we might actually win something more

oh and while we are at it can we ban McDs et al

I rang our local High School a couple of weeks ago, and asked if I could arrange a meeting with the head of PE (I'm a Pilates instructor, and would love to see more Pilates in schools, principally to combat the poor posture that comes as a result of teens sitting slumped in uncomfortable plastic chairs or hunched over a computer or carrying bags that are way too heavy for them, slung over one shoulder, but also to help in sports training for core strength and injury prevention/rehabiliation.)

I work from home, which means I could fit in around their timetable and as my children will be going to the school, I have a vested interest in their PE curriculum, and would happily give some of my time for free. I'm still waiting for the head of PE to even return my call...

The only sport that's been available to my children in primary school has been football (for girls and boys) and just recently netball. Sports Day is "non-competitive" (don't get me started Mad ). It amazes me that we produce the number of world-class sportsmen that we do, to be honest.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM wrote:

What's wrong with games? V stimulating for the little b*****rs' minds...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DavidS,

Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
strange comment about unfit skiers didnt Alan Baxter win the bbc superstars competition ,it still gives me nightmares thinking of those swat thrust things he was doing - he made the rest look wimpy but then again his auntie was the pe teacher who just happens to be Leslie Mackennas mother confused!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy