Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno vs Livigno/Ponte Di Legno mid April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Sorry sure it been asked before but trying to choose between the two. Two of us have flights to Milan and both resorts have good deals available at a similar price. I have been to livigno several times before and like it but never Passo Tonale. Both should be reliable snow-wise but while im keen to try somewhere new I can’t help but think Tonale will be a little bit limited in terms of terrain (glacier and top lifts). Also we would have to get up to Tonale every day as the only accommodation we can get is in ponte di legno. We are both good standard and keen to find some off piste high, maybe some touring if possible. Any recommendations? Does one tend to get better late season snow than the other or just pure luck? Also transfers may come into it as Livigno looks pricy for that. Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ponte is very low for April.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep but easy to get the lift to tonale, right which is high? The other thing I was bit concerned about was crowds as its quite popular with schools I've heard?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went to Passo Tonale in April last year (Easter holidays). Not crowded at all - There were some obvious school groups but they didn't affect us. Rarely queued more than a couple of minutes for a lift, and the skiing was fine, for us. It did get a bit heavy in the afternoon, and some of the runs were breaking up by the end of the week, but that was only to be expected at that time of year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Both Passo and Livigno are hi altitude, the glacier side of Passo on the RHS as you drive thru is in the shade and at 3000m and I would expect good snow there in particular

Passo on the left hand side , catches the sun and I expect would be slushy at village level

If you are staying in Ponte, which is below Passo , this is lift and piste linked to Passo, but I'm not sure if the link opens if the snow is poor, there might be a local shuttle ?....A lot of Italian hotels offer a free minibus service to the nearest open lift, perhaps
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies and good to know it's not crowded. I assumed the lift from ponte would be going but need to find that out. Is the skiing on The glacier good? Looks pretty small
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The gondola linking Passo Tonale to Ponte di Legno was running the whole time we were there, but the run was closed below the mid-station. Yes, the glacier only has a couple of pistes, but there were tracks heading off piste (no idea of advisability, so don't take this as a recommendation).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy