Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gressoney for barely intermediate?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've got a family holiday booked for Gressoney-la-trinite in a few weeks.
The ski map looks quite heavy on the reds in the area. My daughter can only do the very easiest reds, and definitely nothing with a drop, even on the side. She's only 4 and seems to be a magnet to edges.
I wont have the chance to explore without her first. Where should we ski/avoid?
Also, any ski school recommendation?
Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It will be wonderful, the reds are not too difficult compared with French reds, the whole area is great for intermediates advanced skiiers have to go high and hunt for more difficult stuff. I am sure someone will come along to tell you about ski school etc, it is a long time since I have been but it is an area I promised myself I would go back to one day as its so pleasant and also not very busy during the week as the Italians come for the weekends but leave mostly on Sunday night.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What a relief! Thanks for the advice Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're going mid April and although my kids will be fine (their 4th week skiing) we are going with some people whose kids have never skied. I hope the reds into resort are easy enough that they will be able to get down them (without hating the experience) after a few days. Their kids are 10 and 12.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The reds are more like difficult blues.... and wide....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Canuck, overall and at face value the reds are not that challenging but as with any ski resort this will largely depend on the quality of snow on the run. We were there in early January, a high proportion of runs had a layer of artificial snow on top of a very hard / icy base (we weren't complaining as this was as good as it got in Europe at that time).

But, we got caught out on the C6 (Sarezza run) in the Champoluc sector on our way back to Gressoney – it was steep, icy and overly crowded for our 6 year old who may add is very confident on reds and has started doing blacks. It was pure carnage. It is also the only way down from the Sarezza chair when heading back to Gressoney – may be the resort could have put a sign at the start of the chair to warn timid skiers? We managed to get him down in one piece but it wasn’t pleasant.

Also beware of some of the locals who seem to ski in the same way as they drive – careless, fast, etc!

But it’s a lovely part of the Alps and I’m sure you’ll have a great time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy