Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe D'Huez Late-ish Season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been to this resort late season ? Was thinking of going on the 11th of March and keep hearing
things like sunny and south facing and .. hmmm .. sunny. Just wondered if it gets a bit dodgy around the middle of March especially as it's a tad south. I'm also reading claims about good snow record but then again all resorts seem to claim this.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
monty, I wouldn't call 11th March late season. ADH is open until the end of April and I have found excellent skiing conditions (incl possibly my best powder day ever) in that month so mid-March should be fine.

There may be some parts of the area which are getting a bit bare then (eg the Auris area and the very low stuff) but that's by no means definite.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went last Easter and the only runs closed were the blacks right at the top of the mountain, and the were only closed in the mornings because they were too icy. Wouldn't think there'd be a problem at the start of March.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went a week later. lower slopes weren't problems gets heavy in the afternoon. I felt they were being v protective about letting people up on glacier the week before easter
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
monty, Lower slopes can get a bit slushy in the afternoons but generally conditions are normally good in March. We have availability in our Chalet on the 11th of March if you are interested have a look at our website www.skialacarte.co.uk and PM for a special snowheads price! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the quick responses. You know what it's like when you only get one week a year skiing. It makes you a bit twitchy about anything potentially going wrong.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
monty,

Im going the same week - had the same worries as your self but it does appear that apart from the icy morning - slushy afternoon phenomenon, there is not too much risk about that time of year. Snow record is favourable and altitude is pretty decent.

I went in mid to late Feb a few years ago and high winds and snow closed the blacks at the top so you never can tell.

When the sun is shining everyone skis better anyway so a bit of freeze-thaw aint too much to worry about. And less queueing.....happy days - roll on mid-March!! Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy