Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Friday afternoon Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son is flying in to Innsbruck at midday on Friday at the end of the month and is meeting us in Hopfgarten in the evening. He is keen to get out skiing that afternoon and I know the are a few Innsbruck experts on here. What are his options ? I would guess Norkette would be the easiest and it could be a fun afternoon?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nordkette, Patscherköfel or Axamer Lizum (in order of easiest/quickest to get to). Axamer has the most variety for most people though, but what sort of skiing is he looking for? Nordkette is ideal for easy access to safe avi-controlled offpiste (with some good steeps) or park, but not much else. Patsch is good if you like firm (often shaded) groomers. Axamer has more to explore, and the new park set up there is much more accessible for those of us who can't already cork 7.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good skier but recovering from broken leg and ligaments so won't want anything too radical. Has avy gear, but on his own. How long would it take to get to Axamer from the airport?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Friday is Tel Aviv flight arrival day. Crazy levels of security.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
With a car or taxi 20 mins. On public transport you'd have to first get a bus to the main train station (Hauptbahnhof) which takes 10-15 mins, then another ~30 mins (I guess) to the resort.

TBF with public transport you'd also have to almost to the main station on a bus, then switch to another (15-20 mins to both) to get to Nordkette or Patsch.

Nordkette might be a good shout though. Several avalanche protected ungroomed ski routes, and you can't really get lost. Two of them are fairly steep couloirs, one directly under the cable car (hang a left out of the top station and you're right in it). Cool views over the city and igloo bar too, and there'll be plenty of friendly people around to ask for pointers if need be.

I would offer to show him around, but I'm not 100% sure I'll be in town at that point (feel free to PM me nearer the time though).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nordkette looks amazing! And the least hassle thanks @clarky999, I'll pass on your details.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy