Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in deepest darkest appalachia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Life being what it is, I seem to have washed up in East Tennessee. I brought the skis, and seem to have found a motley gang interested in trying skiing... Now, does anyone have any suggestions of ski resorts in the Appalachians near* here?

It seems to me that Sugar Mountain is the best bet? Otherwise there is Appalachian Ski Mountain, Cataloochee etc. Have any snowheads ever ventured out this far??

I don't want to fly out anywhere too outrageous (i.e. West) until the wife gets here, or I shall be in trouble!

*Near in American terms...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some of THE finest people, hands down, in that region of America. I've never met better Americans, per se. Exceptional beauty from numerous points of view, do not miss out on the Blue Ridge Parkway that can be accessed easily throughout, say from Linville. Beech Mountain is vastly better than it appears - again for what the region offers.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It has certainly been entertaining so far, and the beer is excellent too. We are quite happy to give small mountain skiing a go, as we used to ski in this place just behind our house in France:

http://www.lansenvercors.com

Now if I can just find a middle aged-old farts ski club for racing...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JamesHJ, Is OberGatlinburg anywhere near to you? I visited it in Summer during a motoring trip through that part of the US out of curiosity.It's near Pigeon Forge and Dollywood (though I didn't visit that Laughing )
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OberGatlinburg is very close (we are near Knoxville). It is super warm at the moment though, and I am not sure how much snow there is down there. Still, might be a good place to bring some beginners. The fly fishing in the summer looks EPIC down that way too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You talking Sugar mtn NC?
Did a weekend there once, really enjoyed it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowshoe WV is the "biggest" thing close to you although it's a several hour drive. Beech and Sugar are closer and aren't horrible although they are very small and don't have much snow usually. I grew up in NE TN and learned to ski at those 2.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wow, who knew snow heads was so international? Probably going to give Sugar Mtn a go if the weather holds up OK.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy