Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for a ski buddy, March 18-25 in Lech, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Found myself in the situation this year that I either had to book a ski hol on my own or miss out completely this season. Would be good to know there are other Snowheads in resort - either a fellow solo skier/boarder or a group that doesn't mind one more tagging along!

I'm a 33-year-old intermediate skier. Prefer to stay on piste and stick to red/blue runs.

Cheers,
Sarah
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sarahjane_3, 18-25 is too late! You will only have melty snow. I was in Val D'Isere last year on 4th of March and after mid day..snow was not as hard and started to melt by the time we left. So, I believe the conditions for 18 are worst..
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
don't get me wrong, it could be perfect, but the begining of March is best, longer days, no kids holidays etc..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Carmen, last year there was skiing from summit to valley well into may! It was snowing in Lech village on the 4th may!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was in Lech two years ago 21 to 28 March and conditions were lovely. Pistes softened up in the afternoon but full coverage across the mountain and great for sitting out in the sun with a beer at lunch. Granted, past conditions are no prediction of future coverage but all being equal I'm sure you'll have something to go at.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Carmen, sorry, but that's rubbish! Conditions in high resorts were excellent throughout April last year - I skied fresh powder in Val Thorens on several days in late April and there was fresh snow down to resort level in Verbier on 1st May. I skied every month from November to May last season and by *far* the best conditions were mid-March to end April. Some brilliant powder days in Sauze d'Oulx the 3rd week in March.

@sarahjane_3, sorry, I'm not in Lech but I'm sure you'll have a great time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been skiing late March every year for a long time, mainly because it's nice to space out two trips in the season and also because I love to ski on my birthday! I know it can be a gamble (though, when isn't?!), which is why I pay the extra to go to a high altitude resort in Austria. (Love Austria!) In my experience, the Alps often gets a late dump of snow around this time following a few dry weeks in early March. I know Ski & Snowboard Magazine are running a reader trip in St Anton the same week with Graham Bell, and I think they know their stuff.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sarahjane_3,
HI Sarah - find myself in the same situation and this week could be one i'm looking at.
have you already booked?
looking specifically for a female ski bud or male ok?

36 - also stick to blue runs some reds

Thanks
Kevin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ktb1980uk Hi Kevin. Yes, I took the plunge and booked! And of course not, male or female ski buddies would be welcome company!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sarahjane_3,

Well you only live once as they say... Smile

In that case I'm interested in knowing a little more about what you have booked etc
As yet I haven't booked and am open to where to go although would like it to be with someone of the same ability.

please fell free to email me and we could discuss off board. my email is username here @yahoo.com

Kevin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ktb1980uk Great! Just sent you an email.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If anyone fancies it but the single supplements with the tour operators are too much, worth noting that if you book accommodation independently, you can book just flights and transfers with Crystal Ski: https://www.crystalski.co.uk/flights/ (This is just for flights -- need to book by telephone to get the transfer too, which adds about an extra £30 to the price.)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sarahjane_3, an you send me a PM with some info of where you are staying etc. I am looking for a trip and will be solo.

Rick
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sarahjane_3, Hi Sarah, would be great to know more details. feel free to drop me a pm. Thanks
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sarahjane_3,

Hi Sarah. All booked!

See you out there Smile

Kevin
ski holidays
Great! Smile
snow conditions
I'm keen to join you too. Where are you staying Sarah and have you paid solo extras? I'm 36, intermediate skier
snow report
@thegirlouise, I booked with a tour op and my accomm is fully booked, but I am on a room-only basis anyway, so I will be eating and drinking in central Lech. There's some good accomm options on booking.com.
snow conditions
Only 2 weeks to go - woop! Anyone else interested in going?
snow report
@sarahjane_3,

I would be, assuming I can find a good quality hotel (stayed at one twice in Zurs, next door to Lech) and the means to get there!

: )
ski holidays
@atd Great! Let me know if you book something.
snow conditions
I will work on it this evening and will let you know of course. It's a nice ski area. Yul Brynner made a film there - some skiing but not all that relevant I suppose. : )
snow report
atd wrote:
I will work on it this evening and will let you know of course. It's a nice ski area. Yul Brynner made a film there - some skiing but not all that relevant I suppose. : )

Chalet Girl was filmed in the neighbouring resort of St Anton. I watched it twice last weekend! Smile
latest report
I think it's a relatively quiet area, which helps. Funny to see Mr Brynner walking past the shop I visited and using the same gondola. I think they referred to it as St Anton in the film but it was actually Zurs.

Sadly, there does not appear to be a flight that I could use for this area, so I may have to look for a resort somewhere closer to Geneva airport.
snow report
atd wrote:
I think it's a relatively quiet area, which helps. Funny to see Mr Brynner walking past the shop I visited and using the same gondola. I think they referred to it as St Anton in the film but it was actually Zurs.

Sadly, there does not appear to be a flight that I could use for this area, so I may have to look for a resort somewhere closer to Geneva airport.

Have you checked Crystal Ski flights? https://www.crystalski.co.uk/flights/

You don't need to book a package deal with them.
ski holidays
Yes, I did thanks (and tried every other solution). Unfortunately they do not offer Innsbruck from an an airport anywhere near me, even though I'm sure I must have travelled with them on a package deal via that airport in the past. As a qualified pilot, I like the flightpath down the valley to Innsbruck. Looks like a few days in France next week instead but hope you have a really good trip.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy