Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sheffield Ski Village vintage video

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some bonkers stuff from back in the day. Brings back memories of working the lift and even laying the matting. Such a shame.
http://youtube.com/v/V8b2iO2aRYQ
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Awesome!
When I saw the link I hoped it was some goon squad stuff! I worked there 91-95. Pop, Vic, Dean, Andy, Steve G, Adam...

Wonder if Candide has seen that Puzzled Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The best conditions are on the upper slopes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just found a photo that reminded me of this thread and brought back some good memories - too good not to share! From way back when skis were long and Dendix was the only option 51 weeks of my year.

The slope brought me to the city and gave me some amazing memories, experiences and skills were honed on the local slope. Let's hope something rises from the ashes so the next generation can have the opportunity I had.

Can anyone name the
- year
- any faces

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nidecker on the back row is a '91/'92 board, and they were changing graphics every year, so sometime around then?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Did an ASSI refresher course at Sheffield back in the day
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yep it's 90's, fancy uniform and different skis to when I was there from the opening. No one on the piccie who I recognise.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Before my time at Sheffield. However, fourth from left in middle row is Dave Murdoch (who I was skiing with last week and now with rather less hair). I think fourth from right on the middle row is Dave Hartley.
Perhaps the blonde lady in the front row is Molly Gill.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave Hattersley is middle row, 4th in. He was there right up to the end, in Snow and Rock.
Yup, Molly on the front and Norman far right, 2nd row. They are still teaching up at Castleford.

I'm in there, but can't remember the year for certain. I'm going for '93, but could be '92.

Love the way everyone is holding the skis up so they look massive! I used to use 200s, possibly even 203s for slalom racing. They were half way down the slope by the time my shins hit the wand...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was the village making any money before it burnt down?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I saw Molly last weekend at Hemel, she was running a first aid course.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fantastic video, thanks for sharing it. Brings back some memories. My dad was a teacher running school ski trips. We used to come to Sheffield as kids to get some practice in before we went to the mountains. I now work in Sheffield funnily enough.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy