Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April 2017 Ski Trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All,

This is my 1st post, and wanted to ask the group for recommendations this year. I am an average skier and would like to take my son (16 yrs old) snowboarding for his first time. His spring break is April 10-15th, and I wanted to ask:

1) Where would you recommend taking him, given it will be the 2nd week of April? (I'm open to pretty much anywhere in North America)

2) Where would you recommend taking him for excellent, beginner instruction for snowboarding ?

3) I would prefer not to run into the intense Spring Breakers on the mountain, so preferably somewhere we can have a decent father/son time.

Thank you in advance, and I appreciate any guidance you can give.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm - April means aim West and highish but those are the same places that actively court the spring break crowd. Nowhere is like Daytona beach though so I wouldn't worry about the "corruption" element. Most US resorts have decent snowboard instructors from my observations although you might look for places that are tied into the Burton Learn to Ride programme for a guarantee that they take it seriously.

Personally I might shoot for a smaller lower key place like Sunlight over a Vail or Aspen, or a Homewood/Diamond Peak over a Squaw Valley if such places are still open.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sunshine Village in Canada, slightly better snow than Lake Louise at that time; though boarding is better than skiing in warm snow.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@alexk71, April isn't spring break for much of the US. March is far more common, so I wouldn't worry about intense spring break crowds.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got it, Mr Mike, thanks. And thank you Orange2000, and Dave --

I was thinking about California (perhaps Mammoth), as it seems that there may be a good chance of snow and a lot of grooming either way. I just want to give my son the best experience, with regard to conditions and mountain selection at that time of year.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mammoth is a solid bet - I've skied there in May with plenty of fresh snow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, then Mammoth it is!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy