Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees advice.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey folks. Got me a question. I am popping over to see a friend in Barcelona, and was thinking I could tie it in with a 2 day trip to the mountains. I was going to fly out on the 22nd of this month travel to a resort that day sleep, then get up early and spend 2 full days on the slopes, before going back to Barcelona friday night to visit my friend for the weekend. Now, I am trying to work out where the best place to go would be, I really fancy having a poke around Soldeu, but the last bus out of town on a Friday is at 16:15 (on the official website). Meaning I would have to cut my second day a bit short. Does anyone know any other companies that could transfer me out a little latter, without having to spend a fortune on a privet transfers. Or am I better looking at a different Pyrenees location to get my 2 full days like La Molina?

The snow seems to be a bit better at Soldeu at the moment/more seems to be open, which is why i was thinking Andorra though I appreciate in two weeks that could change.

Thanks alot.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ax Les Thermes is pretty good for a couple of days.

A mate of mine owns a Chambre d'Hote there (Pyrenees Haven) which I can highly recommend it. They've got pretty good conditions at the moment I think
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks nice and quaint, and I do love a trip to the spa . But it might be a bit of a stretch to get to and from from Barcelona?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Always flown into Carcassonne so cant comment really but think its about 3 hours from Barca... not so bad and about the same as Soldeu. I'd hire a small car for not very much money, more flexibility and faster than the bus meaning you can leave when you like.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You'd be hard pushed to get later public transport home, I think. I reckon Andorra's a good choice for you and there are plenty of weekend coach packages available. Take a look at uniski.com and estiber for example.

(The plan itself is sound wink)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@escooler, we are going to Soldeu end of March and are hiring a car. Look at doyouspain we have got a 7 seater for 5 days incl excess insurance 56 euros. Just had a quick look for you for a fiesta for 3 days it's 28 euros inclusive of excess insurance.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ps just check who the supplier is we had a nightmare with firefly in Malaga and would never use them again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably better to go to La Molina - evening bus & train connection leaves La Molina at 17.39 (or 19.10) arrives Barcelona Sants station at 20.24 (or 22.06)
Train is Barceloan to/from Puigcerda with regular bus connection to/from la Molina

see the location section on la molina website for a link to regiobal railways for timetables
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Follow up question (long time observer, first post, hello etc.) - is March too late for Andorra? I've the same opportunity in the 2 weeks around Easter.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's certainly not too late - Soldeu is open until 3rd weekend in April

Snow is excellent just now and could well be excellent late March or later - it's just difficult to know what it will be like if the weather gets very warm and it doesn't snow much.

The later you go, as Spring approaches - it generally gets warmer, so they snow on the slopes won't be so fresh - but it soesn't mean it stops snowing, so there could well be a lot more to come before the resort closes. Ideally leave it as late as you can to decide and see what the snow is like, and check the weather forecast.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RidgewayRover, welcome to sH!

March, too late? It's perfect; the best month for skiing in the Pyrenees. Still generally good snowfall, and lots and lots of sun. But I'm confused by your comment because Easter is mid-April!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fair point. April is what I meant! Thanks for input.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah ok. Well, it's impossible to say, but Grandvalira is very very good at keeping things running, and in the Pyrenees the late season is often much better than the early season (with the caveat that skiing runs from 8:30 to 14:30 and then the après in the sun occupies the second half of the day!)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have never been disappointed with skiing in the Pyrenees in March
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was in Andorra the last week of the season 15/16. We had 50cm of on-piste powder on April 6th and nearly got trapped in the resort due to snow on the Saturday. Needless to say it was an epic week of Sunny days interspersed with 2 or 3 powder days. Loved it as it was a first experience of Andorra and I will return.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy