Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taxis to Les Contamines from St Gervais or Megeve

Poster: A snowHead
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I did have a trawl through quite a few threads. Are there (affordable) taxis to LC from the other linked Evasion resorts if you don't have a car? The only thing I found on google was for 90 Euros round trip! Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry, but probably not is the answer... LC is a bit cut off from the rest of the linked domain and 90 euros sounds about right... Maybe Jedster has a good contact? Sure he'll see this but maybe pm him if not. Assume you are staying in fully self-catered accommodation (i.e. no one to drop you off/pick you up)? LC fans are likely to tell you that you won't need to go anywhere else but - if you are set on the idea - then it might be worth weighing up hire car v transfer from airport + taxis. Or maybe there's a bus?? Never thought about that...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is regular bus between StG & LC, I don't know about Megeve.
Can't say I have seen a lot of taxis in StG but to me 90 euros seems very expensive for what is no more than a 10 minute journey
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You are a bit vague about where you are staying As said above the sat bus runs from st gervais to contamines regulary .St Geravais is linked to the rest by lift you will have to cross road in megeve to get to le gittaz/combloux side. There are plenty of taxi companies in the area
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@brock, Apols. This is planning for next year's ski trip. We would rather not be based in LC but would like to ski there one day when we're out there. St G and (if we're feeling flash) Megeve are the options we are looking at in terms of our base. We'd rather not have a car as we won't be going to other destinations and have little ones in tow. Cheers for your advice.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you stay in Megève, you can ski from there to St Gervais (might need to bubble down the last bit) and get a cheaper taxi or bus for the rest of the trip. You could get even further on skis to St Nicolas, but availability of taxis might be a problem. If you are a serious off-piste skier, you could also ski off the back of Mt. Joly direct into Les Contamines (definitely not to be done lightly).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@laundryman, Cheers. We are piste skiers. Taxi from ST G sounds doable. I think this company sounds like it fits the bill:
http://www.taxi-montblanc.com/en/about-us/winter-rates/resort-les-contamines-montjoie.html
I guess the "information centre" means the TOurist Office at LC? 20 Euros each way is much more what I was thinking. Do you know if the taxis can take skis/boards?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There were quite a few taxis driving around Saint Gervais when I was there last weekend, in fact there is a taxi rank outside the Maison de Saint Gervais just here https://goo.gl/maps/2LQTW1vw2UB2. Couldn't comment I'm afraid though if it is any cheaper to get a taxi on demand or book in advance as we had a car for the week and drove up to Les Contamines for a couple of days.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am a big fan of LC but if you are staying in St G or Megeve there's absolutely loads of more easily accessible skiing to be done without wasting time and money on taxis!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
and once in LC you'll need to get up the two stage gondola - and unless your kids are very confident - take the bottom stage back down again. All a bit of a schlep. There are some tough drags in LC too.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mountaindoc, I've taken taxis between Megève or St G and Chamonix a few times, and it's not a problem to take four people with all the clobber.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
I am a big fan of LC but if you are staying in St G or Megeve there's absolutely loads of more easily accessible skiing to be done without wasting time and money on taxis!

Everybody should visit LC once. Smile

A good option if the snow's a bit cr@p in Megève.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.sat-montblanc.com/horaire-timetables/ligne-84-sallanches-st-gervais-les-contamines.aspx
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So Snowheads has got this down from a 90 euro Taxi fare to a 1.5 euro bus fare, that's good work.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I assume the 90 euro fare was from Megeve - could have been worse... last week my bro-in-law and friend decided to stop in Megeve at the end of the ski day for a few drinks and get a taxi back (they could of course have called us to pick them up but didn't want to bother us). First taxi driver asked for 100 euros for a one-way 20-minute journey, second driver asked for 60 euros... so they bought 4 pints for 40 euros (!) and took him up on his offer.
ski holidays
@miranda, Your bother I law is a clever man Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy