Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many km do you need if it's snowing?

Poster: A snowHead
Back from a snowy 5-day weekend in the Grand Massif, staying in Morillon (which is a bit cut off from much of the GM). Came to the conclusion that if you can't see the scenery then you don't need miles of piste as there's no point in exploring different bits of the cloud. We got to Flaine on the nice day, but otherwise probably spent the rest of the time on maybe 10 different pistes. When its snowing they're not the same two runs on the trot.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Could also be another factor, which is you don't want to go haring into unfamiliar territory, so safer to stick to what you know.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As many kms of tree lined pistes as possible.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Claude B, Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a great couple of hours skiing a 600m piste served by a drag lift in poor vis conditions. It was helped by the fact no one was using the piste at the time so I had the whole slope to myself.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pieman666, well, you think you did...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think anyone how knows the GM would naturally be heading for Morillon over the last week if the weather is as reported, however if the wind were to be a strong cold North Easterly then more likely to head over the other side of the Tete de Saix but there are less trees there!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Claude B, So that is why you chose L2A?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@davkt, Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My best ever powder day was at Alta. It had snowed 11feet in the previous two days and was snowing 4" per hour. Just lapped on the one lift, by the time I got to the top each time my tracks from the previous run had disappeared.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You don't need kms, you need helicopters.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Who was in the Embarrassing Moments thread who confessed to carefully skiing in very deep snow during a white-out, and hoping they wouldn't crash - to find the snow stopping and revealing they'd been standing on the spot all the time?

KMs needed = zero...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Last year I spent 4 days storm skiing at Aspen/Snowmass in shin to knee deep powder every day, and primarily skied just two chairs, and probably 8-10 different runs. Some pisted, others just off the pistes. Really didn't need anything other than that when it's dumping 3cm-4cm an hour. And of course when the snow stops and you can see, then it's fun to go explore the untracked stuff. No need to waste money on a heli, when it's right there at your disposal.

@rjs had similar experience one day at Alta when it snowed a few inches an hour all day long. My brother and I skied basically the Wildcat chair all day long. Did hit the Collins chair a few times, but we would just end up going back and skiing the free refills.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Toadman, Done the same at Alta and Snowbird on different days, free refills all day Smile Basically skied wild cat at Alta and Gadzoom/ Gad 2 at Snowbird - Trees all the way.

Then the time we were at Powder, and a bus came off the road and blocked it for most of the day, no one else could get up Madeye-Smiley 200 people on the mountain all day, after a storm dropping 3 feet of fresh stuff, and snowing all day gave another 2 feet by the end. Happy times Toofy Grin They couldn't open some lifts due to the amount of snow Madeye-Smiley

I'd like to be in Jackson when they get the power sorted Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
When raining all that is needed is enough to get to the pub. Simples
snow report
davkt wrote:
@Claude B, So that is why you chose L2A?

Not a strong point here 😋
ski holidays
One lift'll do. Especially when only you and two mates are allowed to use it wink

latest report
Not many if you can have fresh tracks just to the side of the piste (or on it) every lap of the lift!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy