Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1960 Bubble Gondola sixties funky

Poster: A snowHead
I have a very funky 1960's Bubble Gondola. Does anyone know how much it is worth. It lives in the UK.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never seen another Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a place on the route to Morzine that sells recently decommissioned ones so must be some value in them

(corrected for spellchecker and finger issues)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Value probably depends on whether it was from a famous lift or not.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Amandapixie, Any Pictures? is it like the one outside the Boardriders Quicksilver pub/ski shop in Chamonix?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a previous thread on these. I think the one on ebay went on for £3,000.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=54569
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Amandapixie, "correct" ones can sell, as said above, for a few grand.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fancying one of these for the garden. Do you think it would be possible to suspend it between 2 mature trees a foot off the ground?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Depends on finding someone who wants it and it's source. A 60s tiny fibreglass gondy cabin is a fairly niche item for even the most dedicated ski fan.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm not sure how I post photographs on this forum. I've had it many years, it could do with some restoration. I may do this, or I'm considering selling as is. It needs to go to a good home. I would be open to offers. Thank you for advice Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonny 996, it still has the 'hanger' on top, so yes. I wouldn't trust it too high. What is considered 'correct'?
Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jonny996 wrote:
Fancying one of these for the garden. Do you think it would be possible to suspend it between 2 mature trees a foot off the ground?

Yes that was always the intention. The original owner shipped it back from Sweden (I believe) with the intention of suspending it between two trees Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:
@Amandapixie, "correct" ones can sell, as said above, for a few grand.

What is considered 'correct' Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
olderscot wrote:
There is a previous thread on these. I think the one on ebay went on for £3,000.

The eBay link has been removed.....shame
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonny996 wrote:
@Amandapixie, Any Pictures? is it like the one outside the Boardriders Quicksilver pub/ski shop in Chamonix?
I can't find a picture of that one !
latest report
Quote:

olderscot wrote:

Sorry, I was thinking of the one on the second page. The link to the description is still there. No images though.
snow report
There's one in a garden on the Via Gelia road up from Cromford near Matlock. Always chuckle when I'm cycling past.
snow conditions
olderscot wrote:
Quote:

olderscot wrote:

Sorry, I was thinking of the one on the second page. The link to the description is still there. No images though.

Oh yes I can see it now. Thank you. Sounds different to mine. It is very bubble like with curved perspex windows. A door with a handle. Inside the floor is chequer plate, with yellow plastic bucket seats. It still has the original ads (although faded now). It does need attention, but what a lovely project for someone. Very Happy I'm putting it out there to see if there is any interest before putting on eBay. Very Happy
latest report
endoman wrote:
There's one in a garden on the Via Gelia road up from Cromford near Matlock. Always chuckle when I'm cycling past.

Ha yes mines always a talking point. I've locked the kids in it!!!! & the partner at times Very Happy
snow report
There appear to be various places storing / selling them:

http://www.chaletline.co.uk/blog/2014/05/the-bubble-lift-graveyard-where-bubble-lifts-go-when-they-die/
snow report
Thanks for link. Oh yes, mine is much more 'retro' than those. Very Happy
ski holidays
PowderAdict wrote:
There appear to be various places storing / selling them:

http://www.chaletline.co.uk/blog/2014/05/the-bubble-lift-graveyard-where-bubble-lifts-go-when-they-die/

Thanks for the link Very Happy
latest report
Out of curiosity, how did you acquire it ?
ski holidays
dsoutar wrote:
Out of curiosity, how did you acquire it ?

I was given it about 20 years ago. A couple I knew shipped it back from Sweden (I think). The intention was to hang it from large trees in their garden. Unfortunately one of them died & the other decided to pass it on to me. It's been in my garden ever since. Very Happy
snow report
Just looked on the door and it says Anzere, which is Switzerland
ski holidays
@AmandaPixie I would be interested depending on price and your location in the UK, if you want email me some pictures brendanetheridge(at)hotmail.com
ski holidays
alfabug wrote:
@AmandaPixie I would be interested depending on price and your location in the UK, if you want email me some pictures brendanetheridge(at)hotmail.com

Hi We are in Devon
I'll post some photos asap
I'm looking for offers as I'm unsure of the value.
Very Happy
latest report
The Kitzbühel lift company is selling cabins from the Fleckalm gondola for €300, though you would have to wait another year to get one, for the original plan to replace the lift this year has been delayed because some land owner wanted more money for access than the lift company was prepared to pay. Now the line the new lift will take is being replanned.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@espri, how do you contact the company? quick look at kitz website doesn't give any details. would love one (or 2!!) for the garden
latest report
@terrygasson, there is an online contact form on this web page too. I don't know whether any cabins are still available.

https://www.kitzski.at/de/unternehmensinfo/kontakt-anreise/kontakt.html
ski holidays
@espri, cheers
snow conditions
@terrygasson, a little further research unearthed this report (in German on page 3).

https://issuu.com/kitzanzeiger/docs/sammelmappe_kw_25-2016web

The good news is that at that time about 80 of 200 cabins had found new owners. The bad news: the price seems to be €900 rather than what I had remembered.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 9-02-17 18:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I'm planning to take some photographs of mine at the weekend. I'll keep any interested people posted. Smile
ski holidays
@espri, oh well, it was good to dream!!!
latest report
My Bubble Gondola FOR SALE on eBay or voice mail 01626 872514 to view. We are based in Devon UK. Very Happy
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262859471368?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
snow report
alfabug wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262859471368?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
snow conditions
Jonny996 wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262859471368?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649 Ive just listed it on ebay Very Happy
ski holidays
Visiting the 4 Valleys in the summer, I noticed a number of houses where they had an old small gondola set up on rails in a steep, sloping garden, with a counterweight. Sorry, no photos. But it seemed a clever idea - presumably allowing them to move up/down the garden with ease. My guess is that as they're around when they're decommissioning or refurbishing a télécabine, locals can probably pick one up for a song.
ski holidays
Bubble looks great....but imho you'll be waiting a long time for £3k!!!!!!
snow conditions
OBO Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy