Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Turin - Montgenevre Transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning a ski trip to Montgenevre and to keep costs low was planning on getting to Montgenevre to Turin by hire car - £86 for Easter weekend compared to the hundreds of pounds that TO transfers are asking. There's only two of us, so don't think the transfers work out well for us.

All looked well till I got my knickers in a twist and started seeing the Frejus tunnel in 'Montgenevre Transfer' topics, now I'm uber confused.

Will I have to pay for the tunnel from Turin - Montgenvre? I couldn't work out where the actual tunnel was with google maps - some of the roads before Oulx seem to be labelled 'Frejus tunnel'?

Any other tolls or nuggets to be aware of on the journey, or is it simples?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Biblu, you don't need to use the Frejus tunnel from Turin airport.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The autostrada from the airport is a toll road though, and there are 3 toll booths. The exit for Montgenevre is just before the road continues on to the tunnel. The one you want is signposted Oulx Circ. NE SS24.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Total toll charge is £11.30 each way Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Doesn't take long. Beautiful drive too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Doesn't take long. Beautiful drive too.

Echo this. Only took about 1 hour 20 weekend just gone and that was with snowfall on the roads and on a coach.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hells Bells wrote:
@Biblu, you don't need to use the Frejus tunnel from Turin airport.

This forum's amazing! 5 mins it took Hells Bells to give the answer Very Happy

Thanks! Supposed to be a 'cheap' weekend away so nearly fell off my chair when I saw the 40 odd euro tunnel toll!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy