Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

(Relatively) cheap places to eat in Lech?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I suspect this may be a short thread, but is there anywhere to eat in Lech (in the evenings) which doesn't require taking out a second mortgage?
Are there any take-aways for example?

Looking like the "room only" deal I got may not be such good value after all!
Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't despair:

Ambrosius
Don Enzo (italian/pizza)
Olympia (italian/pizza)
Café Fritz
Lecher Stube
Hotel-Restaurant Omesberg

Check the prices for some half-board hotels in Lech...still much more expensive than eating out!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skibedoo, No Golden Arches in Lech but you could get a sarnie from the spar?

I like the stube part of the Gotthard (opposite the spar) - perhaps the same place as @Langerzug, mentions above.

I just came back from the hotel Bergheim - sister hotel of the Omesberg - and the food was pretty good so that recommendation also sounds good but I would advise booking in all of these places as the resort is pretty full atm
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lecher Stube: indeed, in the Hotel Gotthard.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skibedoo:- strikes me you should have done your homework BEFORE you booked. Whilst Lech is not as exorbitantly expensive as some of the rip off French resorts, despite it's reputation, it isn't 'cheap' It is not a place for penny pinchers or indeed those on a (modest) budget. Some good suggestions above so not going to repeat what's already been said. Just be thankful you are there, enjoy it, use the CC if you must and plan better for next time. I suspect you probably could have booked with Total or VIP in one of their fully catered hotels for not much more than you have paid for your 'bargain' room only. Relish your time there and plan another trip without this headache.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Put some packets of couscous or pot noodles in your bag and buy some bread and extras from the Spa. Or eat a big meal at lunch or later in the afternoon before the lifts close. I found Rud Alpe very good value in comparison to restaurants at the base so could fill up that way instead.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure how Spar prices in Lech compare to St Anton but wanting a night off from eating out last night I headed to St Anton Spar and bought some bread, cheese etc to eat back at the hotel. Obviously you won't want to do this every night but it helps to keep costs down and to be honest I needed a lighter meal as I can feel my clothes getting tighter from all the meals out Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all for the useful suggestions, and concern for my wallet!
It's not that I'm mean you understand, just from Yorkshire. I can't help it. Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can eat good quality,filling and cheap on the slopes in Lech. My tip would be take your main meal of the day on the hill.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:
You can eat good quality,filling and cheap on the slopes in Lech. My tip would be take your main meal of the day on the hill.

I eat/ate at the self service in the hotel Burg in Oberlech and it was a help-yourself buffet... Literally take as much as you like for 14€ Toofy Grin

Not sure if that's normal or if it was just because a) it was 2.00pm and/or b) it was a whiteout day and the slopes were deserted
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy