Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jasna - Slovakia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back after 4 days of skiing in Jasna.
Flew Wizz Air from Luton to Poprad where we picked up a hire car and drove
the 60km to Liptovsky Mikulas. (New E50 motorway takes about 30 minutes)
Accommodation through booking.com and although not as central as I'd have preferred
it was clean, warm and comfortable. (Self catering units).
The daily drive to the slopes was about 10km, using the carparks at Biela Put.
Good choice of hire ski's and ended up with some Scott Back Majic, and as I'm between
boots atm I also hired some Scott GR Freeride 110's.
Found English to be spoken in both the resort and the town.

Piste Maps give 45KM of pisted slopes and for our four days there was a fair bit of repitition.
Pistes were in a good condition. The top suffers with high winds and the top coat was constantly getting
blown off leaving the ice/hard pack underneath. Felt there wasnt enough snow to do any off-piste, ski in the
"Free-ride area" or through the trees. Pistes all good down to Lucky at 943M.

Looks to be a lot if investment going on. Most of the lifts looked to be quite new with 4,5,& 6 person chairlifts, & Gondola's.
The only thing that didn't seem to be running was the Furnicular.

Prices for food and drink certainly made for a cheap week and there were a couple of places beside the piste that warranted a return.
Pasta dishes were generally about EUR 6 and beers around EUR 1-2 (500ml) depending on the location.
Not much in the resort for Apres-ski, the "Happy End" bar wasnt too lively mid-week and by 5pm we were mostly driving back down.
Restaurants in Liptovsky Mikulas were ok, certainly not expensive and again with cheap beer.

I'd probably return if price was a factor in my next booking. I felt it would be a great resort for a beginner or a family group and you certainly wouldn't be wincing each time you stop for any refreshment.
Biggest disappointment would be having to travel through Luton airport.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy