Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken tibial plateau

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Personally I would write off this season and spend the next 6 months getting fit and strong on the leg and go into next season feeling physically normal and confident..but maybe that is just me Good luck with your recovery and rehab!

Quoting myself as just realised note to self read entire thread before replying!

Hope you are holding up ok and rehab going well!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there, you are absolutely right ....but why do we just fell like superwoman when we have a good positive day only to be followed by a rubbish day when someone reminds you that your leg, shoulder is broken and it 'will take time' haha ....it's a beautiful,day today though I have been for my first stroll,up the country lane with the dogs , and son , to get some eggs ...may not be particularly exciting but it's definitely progress 😀😀😀⛷⛷⛷⛷⛷...physio starts tomorrow and gym membership reinstated in anticipation of being allowed to swim 😀
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The best thing to come out of this all is discovering this super supportive forum ...again ..thanks all ...you have been my 'sane spot' x
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Skiingruby, Yes a lovely lovely day today should lift your spirits for sure! Well done for getting out and about it really helps mentally I find. I have been doing same as you, hubby comes home and I say 'ooh walked to post office today' like mega achievement Happy I started back at the gym last week going three times a week doing static bike intervals as that is all I am allowed and I can tell you it is a good feeling to be doing something normal-ish. Driving next week - whoop!

Great you are starting physio that is a massive step to recovery and building strength, hope it goes well Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

The best thing to come out of this all is discovering this super supportive forum ...again ..thanks all ...you have been my 'sane spot' x

Totally agree, it was due to my accident and google that I stumbled on it too!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good luck to you to ....we will both be better for next season , if not a little more cautious lol x
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Skiingruby, yes I am hoping my mojo will be back by then, feeling a little meh about the whole ski shebang at the mo!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Beware poorly briefed physiotherapists.....went to my first session today to be confronted with loads of questions as physio was stand in for one scheduled as she was sick ...came away more confused than ever about how to PWB correctly , how much longer the brace has to stay on , how much longer I have to use crutches , how often to do the few exercises I was given , why weren't they written down as promised ...all a big fat waste of time ...of an hour session no proper assessment of ROM and maybe 10 minutes of do this do that ...left feeling upset and frustrated ...rearranged sessions for the physio who saw the consultant ...why didn't they just cancel it ? Grrrr ...sorry guys rant over x
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Skiingruby, NHS or private?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also at this stage there are only a few exercises you can do.... Don't worry it will all ramp up in a few weeks.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Private , which makes it worse...pretty sure the consultant didn't want phone calls in the middle of a surgical morning to ask for clarification! absolutely awful and left me feeling confused and miserable !!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Skiingruby, not good. I wouldn't pay if it were me.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have lodged my concerns and spoken to my insurers ...will speak to hospital later...fixed to see physio who discussed case with consultant next week ...hope that will be more productive 😀
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glad to hear it @Skiingruby. I'm sure they will get it right next week. Fingers crossed for a solid recovery.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Skiingruby, how frustrating! I too have experienced similar and there is nothing worse then being messed about when you are focused so much on the sessions as it means you are on your way to recovery. I hope all goes well next week!
ski holidays
This just gets better and better...put in a call to the consultant this morning to ask for clarification ...he called , told me that he spent a long time explaining things to me last week and the physio yesterday and was getting frustrated that someone wasn't listening and he couldn't afford fiancially (or time wise to keep going over things..reluctantly I believe he is going to write me a letter telling me what I can/can't do but given that I was looking for reassurance and not a telling off I am changing consultants immediately....if I ever had a question or concern in the future about my ACL or what ever I just don't feel I could talk to him ...I felt like a naughty child who didn't understand the homework !!! Rudeness and arrogance are. Not qualities I admire in anyone ...perhaps he is having a bad day today .....onwards and upwards ! 😀
latest report
@Skiingruby, very bad. Too late now but either take someone with you to appointments, record the conversation or write it down. It is very common not to hear or remember what you are being told. It is business as usual for him and all new and frightening for you. A consultant that does not work with that should be avoided
ski holidays
Sent a very curt message to his secretary which if you read between the lines will be obvious .....strange but I feel relieved in some way as new consultant is a snowboarder so will appreciate desire to get back to the slopes next year I hope .....probably a blessing in disguise and I am proud of myself for not losing my temper with old one over the phone !!! Xx maybe my monosyllabic answers helped him get the message xx thanks guys xxx
snow report
My private hospital physio was woefull, 45 min appintment which turned ou to be a 30 minute chat so i changed back to the chap that sorted my knee break out 4 years ago and it was chalk n cheese,!!! ...an experienced physio are well worth it, full assessment, massege on joints, electro treatment, got me walking and wanted me on one crutch only...!!! Better excersize regime etc. Etc. Some physios are so lacking though... go on recomendations and do not use the ones on hospitals, private or Nhs...mine used to be the yorkshire cricket team physio...
snow report
Yay...saw my new consultant today ...what a difference ..he actually examined my knee, said I could change to a different much less bulky brace, start swimming and cycling and just get on with things ...much nicer, more approachable and genuine .......so happy things can begin to move on ....as always thank you fellow snowheqds for all your support .....I am on the road to feeling like me again ...he even showed me the dodgy ACL in the MRI and explained it's proabably 50/50 as to needing an op or not but to try upping the exercise for a couple of weeks and see how it's goes 😀😀😀⛷⛷⛷much more positive and confidence boosting that Mr Grumpy x
latest report
@Skiingruby, YAY! snowHead
latest report
@Skiingruby,

Excellent news
latest report
@Skiingruby, Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
@Skiingruby, Great news!
ski holidays
8 weeks yesterday, walking (limping) okay without crutches but going to use one until my next x-ray in a week.
Gotta love an Austrian osteo surgeon, glad I didn't go to my local.
Hoping I can make our already booked Whistler trip in Feb next year!

[img]https://www.icloud.com/#photos2[/img]

[img]https://www.iclocomud./#photos2[/img]
ski holidays
Hi all ..well i had my ACL surgery 4 weeks ago now and i am walking without crutches and on a static bike ...can manage whole 10 mins no resistance woohoo! My ACL was completely ruptured and flapping about in the wind the surgeon said - lovely man ...Mr Christopher Bailey . thoroughly recommend him ( much better than the original super grumpy one !lol ) Hamstring curls are a bit of a challenge - its weird how my brain tells my leg to move and leg says nope ! so it 4 months now since the crash and i do feel a lot better but obviously fair ways to go yet ...might not ski next season as husband worried that it will be too soon ...but we'll see....for anyone who has suffered an ACL injury and needs a bit of moral support feel free to message me ..i can only say this board was an absolute lifesaver in my down moments xxxx Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy