Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel easyish runs?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
We're off to 1650 for half term. I'm a nervous skier (have skied about 6 or 7 weeks but get worse and more scared each time! )

I've booked myself in for morning lessons with New Gen. Looking for some nice runs and loops to do (greens blues and v easy reds about the limit) afterwards. Not too narrow/no drop offs!

Thanks Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was in 1650 Jan, & I am back end Feb.
I have used new Gen, they are OK.
1650 is so quite, you can use 2 buttons without lift pass, you can take the gondola & ski back on very easy green/blue, its about snow conditions really. Your instructor will give you guidance I am sure.
If you take the bus to 1850 the easy runs there are just so easy, you can ski back to 1650, but if not confident get the bus back.
Courchevel is my top place, I go twice a year.
Enjoy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Loads of them to choose from across the resort. There's a big wide green that runs from one of the gondolas down to 1850 but most of the blues are pretty good too. Stuff in the 'middle' can get a bit busy but there's very few blues that I can think of which have a drop off or many narrow bits.

If you want a quieter run then there's a little green down to 1850 that's a bit narrow but usually fairly peaceful and gentle, think it's called Jardin Alpin or something like that, goes past a few apartments and the like but is a good option to avoid the main pistes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

I went to Courchevel for my third week skiing, and I'm pretty nervous too.

I don't think there's anything to worry about on the blues and greens in 1650, except the amount of poling on some of the green runs.

The blue runs in the main bowl of C1850 are excellent for building confidence. We really enjoyed taking the Biollay and Pralong chairs and looping the blues that come off the top there - wide, not too busy, good gradient, good views. The Verdons green in that area is fun too.

I can't remember how we got to 1850 from 1650 but to get to 1650 we tended to go up the Vizelle and then ski down Creux. You should be able to do that but maybe best to do at a quieter time or when snow is good as it can get quite busy and chopped up - but it's nice and wide.

The runs from 1850 to Meribel should be manageable too. I think Biche (off Saulire) may be more to your taste than the runs via Loze, as they're narrower and more exposed. The runs on the top of Loze and back to 1850 would also be good, I think (Anemones; Loze is a fairly steep but pretty straightforward red).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Everyone will have slightly different views on this, and it will depend on the snow conditions as well, but sticking to the Courchevel valley my take would be:

1650: All the Blues are fine, but Boulevard de Gravelles is narrow with a drop-off on the right; it is the only option if you want to ski to 1850 though. Of the Reds, Chapelets and Roc Merlet are perhaps towards the easier end of the scale, with Tetras, Roc Mugnier and Jean Pachod towards the harder end. Bel Air has a lot of "exposure" for nervous skiers, i.e. it goes down in a straight line.
1850: Of the Blues, Lose Est and Creux are perhaps the hardest - the latter was Red a few years ago. Easier Reds are Combe de la Saulire IF you use the tracks to avoid the really steep bit at the top (lessons often go this way), and those from Chenus. Skiing back to 1650 via Prameruel is straightforward.
1550: Tovets is quite a steep Blue, and goes straight down. Proveres is an alternative but can get icy. Deviation1550 is an easier Red than than Dou du Midi
Le Praz: Both Reds can be tricky
La Tania: The Blue Folyeres is great.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's great thanks so much!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 on the Creux, it's wearing! @ecureuil, Lose Est was a green 2 weeks ago when I was there Smile , so are we at cross purposes? Also, +1 for using the Biollay and Pralong lifts to get up high and have long cruisey blues back to 1850. You can also drop off the back of those lifts and go down the Super Pralong (a short steepish bit) and go via the altiport back to 1850. A £10 cuppa at Cap Horn is worth paying for the ambience and people watching!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oops - got that wrong Embarassed Agree Loze Est is an easy Green. Meant to identify Lac Bleu as one of the harder Blues.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I knew it was a slip of the keyboard. My timid wife cracked the Lac Bleu last month- yes, a nice steep blue- boosted her confidence no end. Her deep desire is the Biche, but she needs better snow on it than we had (I did it daily), so that's next year's target.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have to say, I did Biche when it was pretty icy and it concerned me a bit - found it harder than Creux because of the snow conditions (they face different ways). But it is very wide so the OP shouldn't rule it out.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@RosieL,

I think 1650 is a great choice for you. There are some lovely and relatively quiet runs above 1650 itself and over towards 1850. Indeed you have to get quite high up above 1650 before anything is at all unfriendly. Don't worry - you'll have a great time.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@RosieL, So much lovely gentle skiing around 1650 and 1850. You will have a great time. In 1850 anything from the Jardin Alpin or Verdons lifts will be very gentle, with lovely scenery to look at while you are pootling down.
The blues down to 1550 (courchevel village) are a little steeper so beware here, and like others have said Creux can be tricky if it's busy. It gets very chopped up by the afternoon, however the bottom section is a dream.
From Pralong chairlift, Biollay is the easiest way down as it has a consistent gradient and is nice and wide.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's no real trouble (blue or red in 1650) if you avoid Tetras or Roc Mugnier and stay below the Roc Merlet chair. Indiens is a real stand out, I always ski it when we go back there.

Blvd Gravelles is fine (if you take it steady) to access 1850. Once in the bowl the blues are all fine, just watch out for aspect if the snow conditions are poor as the sun can trash some routes. The only (relatively) easy way off the Saulire ridge is via Creux, which can be busy/choppy so leave that for when you are confident or conditions are good.

Without exception in my experience, the staff at New Gen are great, they have taught both my kids to ski, they are sympathetic and knowledgeable, they will be your best check and balance for routes on your own.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How did you get on ?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy