Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport Hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks. Getting a flight @ 07:30 on Monday morning from Geneva, which means leaving La Chapelle D'Abondance at about 04:30. No problem as I've done that many times before....

However, looks like there might be lots of snow on Sunday night. Anybody know a hotel near the airport where I can stay Sunday night, leave my car until Friday night and get a shuttle bus or taxi to the airport? Don't mind paying a parking charge at the hotel.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Theres a whole bunch near the airport, but the cheapest will probably be the F1.
http://www.hotelf1.com/gb/hotel-2257-formule-1-hotelf1-geneve-aeroport-ferney-voltaire/index.shtml
or for CHF190 you could stay at the Movenpick:
http://www.movenpick.com/en/europe/switzerland/geneva/hotel-geneva/overview/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's also the Stars Hotel http://www.starshotels.com/hotels/stars-geneva-airport/

IIRC that used to be a F1. It's on the right as you go through the under-runway tunnel and through the Swiss border - before the roundabout. So, close enough to walk into the airport if necessary if you don't have much to carry - the entry into the French sector is just about opposite. Wear bright clothing if it's dark!

I left my sister there once, to catch an early flight out, before dropping a hire car and taking a flight to Rome. When the hotel proprietor found out that she was planning to walk into the airport he gave her a lift himself! It's not a nice road in - narrow and with hire razor-wired fences. And last time I drove in, a kind of weird maze - tedious even in a car.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, That route into the French side is disconcerting, isn't it!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure about parking, but I got a pretty good deal at the Ibis at Geneva airport. It seemed to have decent reviews for a budget hotel, and (Despite probably being walking distance to the terminal) has a shuttle bus running until 11pm according to the website.
Quick check on the website, and it claims to have private parking at the hotel. (At a cost of course)

Flying Friday evening on first week of Easter hols. (Pick kids up from school and go straight to airport)
Even taking into account the price of the hotel for one night, it still saved us a fair chunk of money compared to Saturday morning flights. Also meant we didn't have to get up at a ridiculous hour to check in at Birmingham or East Midlands on Saturday morning/
I like the idea of getting up at a sensible hour in Geneva on Saturday morning, having breakfast in the hotel, then popping round to the car hire place while people are still fighting each other in baggage reclaim. That's the theory anyway.
First time we've done this, so remains to be seen whether it works in practice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Matt1959, +1 for Ibis: drop car off, and shuttle around to hotel. But it's not as cheap as it used to be (last done 3 years ago)

@selly_skier, agreed... almost!

Mini Roll and I did this in Dec. for a 5 day trip. took the late night option on Wednesday night. Was thinking on exactly the same lines. Then, discovered, for some inexplicable reason, it was cheaper to pick up hire car that night than next morning! You might want to check...

So then booked hotel 25 mins out of Geneva en route to the Tarantaise, (http://www.hotel-rey.com/ ) which not only gave us better value, but also a proper head start...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I stayed in the Hotel 33 once before an early flight, on Avenue Louis Casai. Cheap and clean enough and it was literally check in, go to bed, get up, shower and walk to the airport (about 10 minutes). There is parking there but no idea if they would do you a deal.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+ One for the Ibis at Geneva airport. We got a good deal and parking was not expensive. Free shuttle worked very well!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy